Devastated!!

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
I found this link to a newspaper about a guinea pig/rabbit breeder.. http://nottingham.indymedia.org.uk/articles/151
I don't understand why some people think this ill treatment of pets is acceptable.. I love my animals.. we must try to stamp these fleas out:cry:

warning!! these are very graphic photos in this article.. upsetting images!

That is horrible.

I used to breed and show as well as sell baby rabbits and guinea pigs myself and used to also subscribe to the publication "Fur and Feather" which is a enthusiasts magazine.

I must admit though there is a lot of it about when it comes to breeding.... Most breeders only keep rabbits in very small cages inside most of the time. where as none of the ones I met were 'intentionally cruel' some situ's were a lot worse then I would want to have at my house.

I did used to also buy guineas and baby rabbits from our local livestock market and treat the problems they had (normally things like rabbits had eye infections or maggots or guineas with skin/fur missing.) get themback to full health and sell them on to private pet homes. Most of them were 50p -£3 max at the auction. Horrible really.

newrider.com