Dengie Healthy Hooves = Hyper/edgey horse!

No- have you then?
Well, I give it to my TB and he's loopy anyway but i never considered this may be a contributing factor?

I think its the worlds best feed! so easy and he looks good on it all year round AND his feet are much much better.

Are you having problems with it?

you could swap to spillers happy hoof instead as that has no molasses in it which leads to much calmer ponies!! and works wonders on feet. it is a godsend, would thooughtly recommend it :)

I have also used the spillers one but i liked the Dengie more just because it looks nicer :eek:
sunshine- you obviously know far more about TB's than i do, is the spillers one going to be a better option for a VERY buzzy tb who has had SEVERE hoof problems in the past?

Never had a problem with dengie products. however spillers happy hoof sent my mare off the wall! Gynther, any reason she's on healthy hooves specifically? hi fi lite is lower in energy so may be better for her?

we've used the spillers on tbs in the past and found it works quite nicely.
also have used fibergy with a hoof sup instead but cant remember the supplement!!
my arabXcon is on happy hoof as is the tb i used to have and his feet were shocking before the happy hoof! so maybe worth calling for a free sample? we found it was a calmer feed then the dengies simply becuase it didnt include molasses.
but each horse is different so what has worked for us may not work for you.

i would advise steering well clear of anything that contains alf alfa if you have a mare, it can be oestrogenic and contribute to behaviour issues in some mares. healthy hooves contains this...

if you are having probs you will want to rule out any contributing factors, understandably- at this time of year wouldnt be giving her anything, that way you know it isnt feed related;) couldnt it just be that she is young and trying it on?

i would advise steering well clear of anything that contains alf alfa if you have a mare, it can be oestrogenic and contribute to behaviour issues in some mares. healthy hooves contains this...

if you are having probs you will want to rule out any contributing factors, understandably- at this time of year wouldnt be giving her anything, that way you know it isnt feed related;) couldnt it just be that she is young and trying it on?

snap alf alfa is rocket fuel for some horses. From the picture you posted (when she's rather cute btw!) I think you could not feed for a week and see if there is any difference in behaviour.

Really sorry to hijack I dont mean to:eek:, I give Abbie the Dengie good doer, mainly as a hay replacer as she wastes tons of hay, I found she does eat this, but I take this this is more or less the same as happy hooves the alf alfa, I havent heard this before, her behaviour hasnt gone erratic a tadge more stubbon perhaps lol, learned something new today but its worth knowing so thank you

newrider.com