Daphis last farewell!

i have strong beliefs, and im sure that Daphi was sent to you for a reason: because she was in the twilight of her life and deserved a Dad like you to pamper her in her final months... and because you needed her to show you a new way of living, a new way of being Jordan..... that is her legacy to you, hold it dear xx

I thought this too :)

Lovely tribute, she was beautiful!
Remember & cherish those memories & best of luck for the future, Jordan :)
xxx

Beautiful tribute to a very beautiful girl. I think the same as the others Jordan - she was sent to you for a reason - you needed her to show you a new way of life and she needed you to look after her. Have looked back at all your photos over the last few months as well as the tribute - and I have to say she looks so loved and cherished in all of them - you should be proud.

Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs (((())) and do hope you decide not to waste what Daphi has taught you and give another needy horse some love and care.

Run free at the Bridge Daphi xxxx

I cant watch your tribute as i know it will make me cry...
What a beautiful idea with the horses and carriage truly amazing way to send her off!

I echo Bluewicked she was sent to you for a reason and has helped you learn few things....when your ready daphi will send another horse your way so you can continue with your dream

Take care Jordon lots of love xxx

What a lovely idea to give Daphi her final send off,am sure she will appreciate it from where ever she is.

Memories can hurt at the time,but you will one day look back on them dearly,and they will bring you joy rather than sorrow.

No one who touches your heart like Daphi did will ever be forgotten,but she would not think badly of you if one day you had another equine friend:)

Hello. I was really sorry to hear your news on Friday. You're coping with it really well.

Reading this has reminded me of two things. First, a really posh gent of my acquaintance. My background's council housing scheme - his is Eton, country estate and a title. I was at his house once doing volunteer work and his horse had died a month before. Fell going in the horsebox and broke a leg. Even a month later he couldn't tell us without crying. Sometimes people seem so different on the surface but underneath just the same.

Second, when I read your post on Friday I had just been reading about those two poor horses that were rescued earlier this month half starved. In a week or two would you be able to visit the RSPCA place with your social worker? Maybe see some horses that have received the gifts you gave that Daphi didn't need any more? Maybe the first new things some have had for a very long time. Could you help out a little bit there, with horses that are recovering from a bad patch too? Much less intense than having a new friend so soon.

Praying for you.

Louise

JR, mostly I'm a lurker here, but have come out of hiding to say that I've followed your threads and I'm so very sorry for your loss. It was such a shock to see you had lost Daphi, I think it hit everyone who has been reading your posts. She was a beautiful soul - sending hugs your way, I know what it's like to lose a horse so suddenly:(

Im just sat in bed, obviously yesterday was hard i had so much to sort out. this is the worst possible EVER to happen and affect me this way. i dont think i realised just how much she meant to me, and what a big part of my life she had become... Im helplessly upset all of the time.. i know this is normal, but it hurts so much, i dearly loved her, im waking up each morning and i feel so alone and empty i cant possible explain to you guys how terrible it is. i just dont know what im going to do now!

i feel like staying in bed... and never getting up. hiding under the duvet and not coming up again ever! i know ive said this a few times but why is life so unfair? it really is.

Look after your horses guys! love them so much and make sure you cherish every single moment you have with them ok x

Sweetie, that is the most beautiful thing in the world and you've just put another on the waterworks count ;) God, I just can't stop crying for you now! Daphi is such an angel and no force on earth could take those precious memories away. And I know this may be hard right now but smile! Daphi was sent to bring you the most incredible joy not sadness. God bless you, my darling, and RIP Daphi <333

i feel like staying in bed... and never getting up. hiding under the duvet and not coming up again ever!

I felt exactly like that when my first pony died. I'd had him 22 yrs and he was my best friend too. I didn't leave the house for 2 days. It really is hell to feel like this, but you DO get over it, honestly. You'll never forget her, but there will come a time when you can talk about her, and look at her pictures, without getting upset.

Be strong. Daphi wouldn't want you to be sad... Hope you feel better soon xxx

What a beautiful send off for a beautiful girl. You're in my thoughts Jordan, i know its hard, ive lost a few horses over the years but it will get easier, it does however take time. The pain you are feeling now will ease up gradually as each day passes.

R.I.P Daphi. xxxxx

I'm sorry I couldn't watch your tribute but I bet its wonderful, your words alone have set me crying so I don't think I could put the photo's to the pain you are feeling!

Don't lose any of your photo's, you are feeling so much hurt right now but soon and I promise you it will happen you'll be able to cope with the upset. I lost my gelding 3 yrs ago so I do know how much hurt you are feeling - its such an undescribable pain but it will lessen - look after yourself and don't push your partner away you need each other and as you realise, life can be very short and you have to make the most of it all!

Take care x

newrider.com