Daisy - a creature of habit

Dizzy Woo

Apr 20, 2008
Dorset
Last year I sectioned off half my field in the summer ready for strip grazing through the winter until I needed to hay them. This worked very well and my 3 girlies got used to having their buckets then bombing over to the electric fence that 'mummy' had kindly moved a foot or two.
Well yesterday, with the hopeful onslaught of some warmer weather and green shoots appearing I put up the electric fence again.
Daisy however has not sussed out there's no grass the other side yet, she just sees me 'over there', moving posts and tape and must remember last autumn and equate the whole scene with a promise of a good munch on some lush grass, however there ain't none yet!
She was really quite sweet, following me up and down as I tweaked my posts to make it neat and straight, whickering at me as if I was going to let her into the other side.
Bless her!

Last edited:
Oh that's so cute, they are funny aren't they.

Mine are much the same, they see me fencing and get all expectant lol.

I patched a smaller bit off ready for Cherie the other day. Whilst I was doing it they all rushed into the small patch instead of the large area, nuts!

You know they aren't daft, Joe used to be the same! Every spring when OH used to re-arrange the grazing with the leccy fence, he used to spy on us either from his stable or from the arena - and he'd watch avidly - and then just as OH was nearing completion he would start whickering like he knew he was going to be let in there to eat!lol. Poor lad - it was so funny, one year he followed OH round the paddock and when his back was turned just for a split second hopped over the fencing (it was on the floor whilst he re-connected it). What are they like?!!!!

newrider.com