Competing on a ticket?

PeT dRaGoN

i love horses
Jul 14, 2006
doing my first dressage test in may, but want to go on a ticket first before we register.

does the ticket have a number on which is written into the membership number box and would i have to enter as restricted or open if on a ticket?

it will be both me and the horses first affiliated test, so will be doing a prelim

For Prelim you don't need to enter on a ticket as you can do the open section of the prelim without you or the horse being registered. Any sheets of 62% or higher are eligible for area festival qualification, so make sure the competition date/venue are on the sheet and keep it. You just have to be registered to compete at the Festival.

If you want to qualify for regionals you need to be registered and do the restricted section of the prelim. To qualify for regionals at Prelim you need two scores of 65%+ and be placed 1st or 2nd when you got those scores.

So to dip your toes in the water take option one, then once confident you can get the scores/placings go to option 2.

To enter either way, fill in an entry form off the BD site and print it out, send it in with your entry fee.

So, would i leave the registration number bits blank? And the rider group, or would i put myself in 8, given the fact im unregistered?

Also, on the online schedule it says 'Qualifier(s): Pure Lime'. That means that its a qualifier, not one which you had to qualify for first doesnt it? :eek:

Just put in unregistered and enter the open section and leave rider group blank. You'll get a rider grouping of 8 automatically once you register.

Qualifier just means that - the restricted section is a qualifier for regionals, you don't need to be qualified to join in.

If you want to do Novice classes before registering those do require a ticket.

newrider.com