Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Had a bad end to the day yesterday, could have been worse. Chloe went down with colic she's okay now but we didn't know it was colic and both assumed at first she'd had some kind of stroke in the field. At 31 it's always on the back of your mind that she's on borrowed time. Emergency call out for the vet and a buscopan injection and touch wood she's back to normal today. Very scary and very upsetting. I said goodbye thinking it really was goodbye. Makes me think it really does - I'm going to make the most of being around her now. I do what I can and spend as much time as I can, but really put things into perspective yesterday when I thought we were going to lose her. Don't ever put off something horsey folks, spend that extra half hour with them whatever it takes.
Poor Chloe but you are right, we should treat every day like its special, and not get dragged into the mundane, not only with oldies because colic (and all the other things that can turn the tables so suddenly) are not age-ist!

Had a bad end to the day yesterday, could have been worse. Chloe went down with colic she's okay now but we didn't know it was colic and both assumed at first she'd had some kind of stroke in the field. At 31 it's always on the back of your mind that she's on borrowed time. Emergency call out for the vet and a buscopan injection and touch wood she's back to normal today. Very scary and very upsetting. I said goodbye thinking it really was goodbye. Makes me think it really does - I'm going to make the most of being around her now. I do what I can and spend as much time as I can, but really put things into perspective yesterday when I thought we were going to lose her. Don't ever put off something horsey folks, spend that extra half hour with them whatever it takes.
Hugs Trewsers, I dread the day anything happens to Belle and your so right, make the most of every moment.

Reactions: Trewsers
Glad she got through it. You're so right about spending time with her - I brought Ramsey in and groomed and chatted with him for the few weeks when I felt things were imminent - wish I'd done it earlier, but life gets in the way, doesn't it?

I hope the nice weather is here for the week, but not the knats.
Been bitten three times and now itchy?!?!
The birds would eat them but I expect they are feeling full up.

Hope you're okay, that sounds awful and so scary. So glad she's improved now. You are so right, who's to say what's around the corner

My mud slabs are on their way, yay. Should be with me by 1 ish this afternoon! Something to look forward to although I'm not that excited about moving them all ? can wait to get the area set up properly to give ale somewhere drier to go when needed

Yaye how exciting! You're getting things just how you want them, winter will be much pleasanter hopefully. Be careful moving them, do it gradually if you have to. No good straining muscles.

Reactions: MrA and Kite_Rider
My mud slabs are on their way, yay. Should be with me by 1 ish this afternoon! Something to look forward to although I'm not that excited about moving them all ? can wait to get the area set up properly to give ale somewhere drier to go when needed
Good luck with the mauling then about, makes me tired just thinking about it! ?

Reactions: Trewsers and MrA
I hope the nice weather is here for the week, but not the knats.
Been bitten three times and now itchy?!?!
The birds would eat them but I expect they are feeling full up.
I got bitten last night, first time in ages, one right in the middle of my forehead!

• Wow
Reactions: Trewsers
IMG_20201016_170648.jpg

I'm shattered haha. 4 trips round to the field gate in my little Citroen c1. Then a good 3 hours moving them all into place. Really pleased with it though. Much bigger than it looks in this picture. The gaps are for another hay feeder and a post to be put in for scratching and haynets

Argh that new neighbour is really making his impression again. I was out just walking floss down the road a bit and whoosh, bang, firework goes off above us. Floss hates noises at best of times. So going off over her head she freaked and feel over. Several more let off. I get her home as quick as i can. Take Abbey out to then go feed the rams and ram lambs, more go off the rams run. Fireworks have stopped.
Get home go check horses they seem fine.
Now 3/4 of an hour later hes just started letting more off. Bigger louder and alot more.
Cats just gone and hidden round the back of sofa under a chair.
Im off out to check the animals again.

Argh that new neighbour is really making his impression again. I was out just walking floss down the road a bit and whoosh, bang, firework goes off above us. Floss hates noises at best of times. So going off over her head she freaked and feel over. Several more let off. I get her home as quick as i can. Take Abbey out to then go feed the rams and ram lambs, more go off the rams run. Fireworks have stopped.
Now 3/4 of an hour later hes just started letting more off. Bigger louder and alot more.
We've got some idiots nearby that randomly let off fireworks. Very irritating, but more so for you with livestock.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
:mad::mad:

newrider.com