Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Not sure, I did see some blue skies. But think it's blown away.
The velvety fuzz is what causes my saddle slippage. :) now she's settled on her anti stain deep pile throw.

Lovely day on and off here today. Got feathers trimmed and legs dry brushed then shampooed. Hopefully less itching for her. Chicken madras for dinner later - yummy! All welcome......................

Reactions: Huggy
Started moving the muck heap. It will be in a spot she doesn't use. So that will give me something do.

The bird area has had a make over and the pheasant has been making himself at home.
Nice to see my Robin and sparrows back. It still looks a little "scruffy" by human standards but the birds will judge it on theirs ;)

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
I was going to do something with mine, but I got distracted, very distracted ;) by her new neighbour's.
She is funny, she came over for a fuss and then went off for a graze. Showed no interest in the neighbour's. I am thinking that the enrichment theory is that we don't share the same priorities. I am eating, you need to get out more!

Nope. :) And look who is at the front of the line.

Mine is yet to take any notice of me moving the fence, unless it's almost in front of her. Lazy or laid back.

• Haha
Yes - he's a lazy little git - unless there's food to be had. He's 13hh, B is 16hh, but wouldn't dare get in Hogans way if there's grass on the menu.

Ours know when we’re sorting new paddocks even when they are in the byre together! How do they know??!!! They have a spooky sense and either know the noises or spot something different. And if they are out and about they go bananas with excitement!

Yep billy will walk the fence as im moving it. Even if you give him a big strip and youve moved a length of 30ft in, hes always there with me at the post im moving incase that strip is bigger and better. Hes such and idiot. Why??
Chunky on the other hand will just go straight on the first post i move and just munch.

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
Just had chips and gravy. What's everyone having for dinner? (That was lunch lol though rather late). Going cooler here. But least we played with Zi today. He was a bit cheeky though.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Lunch today was fruit loaf, rather partial to that.

Anyway day started off a bit crap. Buyer wants to return a saddle. I kinda sensed it would go this way.

Called the cob, learnt something. It's harder to walk up the field anti clockwise than the other way- that's why she grazes left to right. :)

Decided in the end to give her a clip strip, she almost fell over she was doing her oh yes that's the spot face.

Hopefully sorted my motivation. Been invited to ride out with another lady on a regular basis. If you fancy going so and so we can accompany you. The cob has met the horse today and she likes them. :) ;)

Lunch today was fruit loaf, rather partial to that.

Anyway day started off a bit crap. Buyer wants to return a saddle. I kinda sensed it would go this way.

Called the cob, learnt something. It's harder to walk up the field anti clockwise than the other way- that's why she grazes left to right. :)

Decided in the end to give her a clip strip, she almost fell over she was doing her oh yes that's the spot face.

Hopefully sorted my motivation. Been invited to ride out with another lady on a regular basis. If you fancy going so and so we can accompany you. The cob has met the horse today and she likes them. :) ;)

Well that sounds promising then having a riding buddy! yaye. And even better the cob has met the horse and approves.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Just had chips and gravy. What's everyone having for dinner? (That was lunch lol though rather late). Going cooler here. But least we played with Zi today. He was a bit cheeky though.
I absolutely love chips and gravy, not had it for ages. We’ve got Mr KRs special beef pasty for dinner tonight, I’ve just pigged on pineapple chocolate so far today.

Chicken, mash and veg for dinner. My mums been baking fairy cakes today so had a cake for pudding. I also went and did a big shop after work so brought in green slime Halloween donuts. The only bit of Halloween i shall partake in. Just had to be eaten fresh.

Had a bad end to the day yesterday, could have been worse. Chloe went down with colic she's okay now but we didn't know it was colic and both assumed at first she'd had some kind of stroke in the field. At 31 it's always on the back of your mind that she's on borrowed time. Emergency call out for the vet and a buscopan injection and touch wood she's back to normal today. Very scary and very upsetting. I said goodbye thinking it really was goodbye. Makes me think it really does - I'm going to make the most of being around her now. I do what I can and spend as much time as I can, but really put things into perspective yesterday when I thought we were going to lose her. Don't ever put off something horsey folks, spend that extra half hour with them whatever it takes.

newrider.com