Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

I'd like a coffee but it's too late, so I'll have a nice refreshing pressed apple & mango juice (Ocado has been tonight :) ).

Took Raf for a walk in the bareback pad today, love him. Will wash tail tomorrow and the last bits of mud left over from hunting that I can't manage to brush out. I didn't like to put the hosepipe on him when we got home because he was cold and tired and just needed his bed and his net. If we had hot water and a solarium it would be a different story ... anyway, he was stiff and sore yesterday which is a bit disappointing because I thought the vitamin E had sorted that. A danilon seems to have done the trick, he's ok today.

Has your grass started to come through yet? We seem to have plenty in the verges but none in the fields :rolleyes: At least it's drying out (fingers crossed).
She thinks so. But hard to see her let alone the grass.
DSC_2376~2.JPG

Gorgeous day here, bright and breezy. I'll just pop in for a nice Nescafe Gold Blend with two potato waffles and a fish finger buttie if that's okay?! Heheheee. Storm's had sandschool time this morning whilst I mucked out, she enjoys browsing in the sun with Mr T whilst I do the other bits and bobs. Chloe did her best impression of a cob race horse and pinged back up the yard 0-60mph and is now snoozing in the sun outside Storm's house. Everyone needs moving around shortly, I should have taken pics this morning though as we had a gorgeous rainbow. By the time I realised it was there it had gone! I must start carrying phone in back pocket again for random snaps. I have some paid work to do, but most of the day I'm going pottering on the yard, filling night nets and tidying up to make room for another hay delivery at the weekend.

I'm just ducking in for a quickie this morning, I'll have a nice creamy latte please, we've just had a skip delivered so will be spending most of today filling it with useless crap we seem to have accumulated from our garage and shed!

Don't forget to put some greedy boards up! lol lol
(Don't know if you have those in your part of the country?!)

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I had my coffee and my decaf at the cafe today, so delicious. Plus I was compelled to taste test our special lemon polenta and carrot-cake loaves for take out.

Sometimes life is just too hard.

Chicken tikka pasta salad today.

Still wet and misty so lunged a very soggy cob and woke her up with a pole. Don't ask why she's more forward if she sees a pole, she doesn't cut in so she can go over it as well, perfect!

Popped to the post office and was the only one there, no queue.

Just popping in for an evening decaf. Had a decent walk with OH today in the grey weather. Didn't meet many folk, just dog walkers. All pointedly polite, but passing on swiftly.... Went to the library to get a few books before it closed indefinitely tomorrow. Feel I want to get as much exercise in as possible while we can. None of the usual table tennis tonight - all U3A classes cancelled for the foreseeable for obvious reasons. Settling down for the night to read now. Had enough of the news. See you in the morning.

Evening all. I will be about this evening in between reading.

@Jessey what did you read? I have a Carol Matthews on the go at the moment.

@Jane&Ziggy what about a delivery service within so many miles? Or postal in the directing of my house. :D

Just popping in for an evening decaf. Had a decent walk with OH today in the grey weather. Didn't meet many folk, just dog walkers. All pointedly polite, but passing on swiftly.... Went to the library to get a few books before it closed indefinitely tomorrow. Feel I want to get as much exercise in as possible while we can. None of the usual table tennis tonight - all U3A classes cancelled for the foreseeable for obvious reasons. Settling down for the night to read now. Had enough of the news. See you in the morning.

I was thinking actually, dog walking is a model exercise in avoiding close contact - if we stop for a chat we tend to stand on opposite sides of the road/path anyway so our pooches behave themselves. And there's nothing like a walk in the fresh air watching the seasons come round for lifting or soothing the spirits. A guy I met out the other night said "aren't we lucky to have dogs" and I thought, yes we are.

ETA another thought - I have seen some people saying that since they're working from home they were thinking of going to a shelter and getting a dog. I hope people give it a bit more thought than that and it's not another scenario of "a dog isn't just for Christmas" or "just for home working".

Actually i heard the opposite dogs are being dumped at shelters as people cant afford to feed them. Somewhere i read that shelves are also bare of dog and cat food. So people are stockpiling those too. It very naughty like people who need gluten free etc. Some pets are the same with there specials diets.

newrider.com