Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

@Trewsers all but finished the curtains ? just need to hand sew the hem now, I can do that while I’m watching tv, but I can’t find my roll of invisible thread! Yes my years of sewing came right back to me, thankfully.
I don’t mind making the cards, I enjoy it, Im still considering selling artwork and cards, but that’s taken a bit of a back seat lately with trying to get the new house ready, but I will get back to it in the new year.

Just got back inside a little while ago and had my breakfast sandwich yum.
It could have been lots worse to do things.
It was crunchy lumpy frozen so thank god it wasnt really slippery.
I got in most gates and doors without too much problems .
I had handwarmers for each hand that can press into snaps etc to melt the ice caught in them.
Only the back door to the big kids clubhouse had the eye bolt too icy.
Thankfully there is also a front door..

2 hats ..scarf.. all bundled up wasnt too horribly bad ....

I woo hoo did not have to shovel AT ALL
to dump the wheelbarrel THAT WAS A BIG PLUS..

The sun us is out but its not going to be very warm
But Ill take it...

IMG-20201206-WA0004.jpegIMG-20201206-WA0002.jpegIMG-20201206-WA0006.jpegIMG-20201206-WA0000.jpeg

Did ours today! First time I've ever been able to have a wreath on the door as have always lived with others who didn't want, hope it doesn't get nicked! Also have some lights up in the windows and some around the flowers in the front to spread the cheer. All old decorations managed to get from people who were binning them except the snowman lights and the tree was a gift from my parents a couple of year ago.

I need to root all ours out shortly. Got roped into grooming Zi and then Storm. I enjoyed grooming Stormy though - haven't done her in ages. Gave her a haircut lol (not sure she's that impressed being honest!!!!).
She enjoyed the grooming. She is so me sized. Makes me realise that when I used to her ride her she was such a good fit for me. Zi is a giant lol (a loveable one but a giant nonetheless!)

No decorations for me yet. Im not sure whether they will come out to be honest. Floss is still wobbly so might fall against the tree by mistake, and where our tree goes in the bay window, means moving Abbey's bed. Shes such a pain, with her wanderings and standing over floss, it gets too much sometimes. Im not sure what the cat will think of a tree and tinsel and sparkly lights.

No decorations for me yet. Im not sure whether they will come out to be honest. Floss is still wobbly so might fall against the tree by mistake, and where our tree goes in the bay window, means moving Abbey's bed. Shes such a pain, with her wanderings and standing over floss, it gets too much sometimes. Im not sure what the cat will think of a tree and tinsel and sparkly lights.
Lol yes I am glad our cats don't enter the actual house and stick in the utility room and garage. I think a tree might send Rosy into over-drive :D Sorry Floss is still wobbly though.

Well, just the loveliest day! A super ride this morning, home for sausage, mushrooms and scrambled egg. One of our neighbours arranged a visit from Father Christmas this afternoon (we live in a cul de sac). Everyone was out, we had the family outside as well. The big man arrived with a wheelbarrow of presents, all named. He had his 'special' gloves on, and called each child to get their gift. She also organised the festive fire engine, and an ice cream van! It brought everyone together, (as much as possible atm) and made everyone feel really festive. The children ran riot and had the best fun. To finish the day, I went up in the dark and frost to feed the horses, first time in the dark this year. A really lovely lovely day.Screenshot_20201206-194921_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20201206-195055_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20201206-195118_Gallery.jpg

Ive rather enjoyed doing the tree this year - for some reason the last few years its seemed a bit of a chore. When my two were young, it always looked as though a crazy person off their meds had decorated it - I was a believer in letting the kids do it with us - much as it pained me. It's a fake one this year, but I'm pleased - it's very jolly.Screenshot_20201207-221818_Gallery.jpg

Well my Christmas has been ruined by my mother and a turkey. So much so ive woken up thinking about it. Cant get back to sleep. Also woken by a dream about past stuff in my life that i dont want to revisit. Im done with it, its in the past. Arrrrrrrr. One bad night.
Honestly i felt like going and getting the turkey out the freezer and throwing it at her last night. It would be more gratefully received if i left it out for the fox. Apparently i got the wrong size. Its too small. Theyll be more comments made before we get to Christmas day for sure and christmas day itself well wait for all the things wrong because its too small.
She was even critical of the pudding i served up last night. Having got some reduced price double cream for a change when i did the big shop yesterday.
Im feeling like i cant do anything right. Things are starting to eat at my mental brain. Not sure how much more i can take before i have a breakdown.

@chunky monkey you know how mums always used to say be grateful for what you've got because there are many with far less? Tell her that! And that you're going to start eating better and that means a bit less meat and more veg, including for Christmas. What's the betting if you'd gt a bigger one that would be wrong too? (((hugs)))

newrider.com