clothing help

horse__obsessed

Apr 15, 2005
Dorking, Surrey
www.joannewinter.co.nr
musto snug blouson jackets - have heard they are v warm but just read in a review they are only showerproof not properly waterproof is that true?

also "red on the right" blousons - anyone got one and are they any good? or anyone reccomend any blouson jackets that are 100% waterproof not just showerproof?

and scarves...
i want a nice scarf for the yard but doesnt have to be a horsy make one. i really want a nice checked one - any ideas where i can get one from? pref fleece but wool/whatever is ok so long as its not itchy!

and not too much ££ cos its only for the yard

oo also those neckwarmer things you can pull the toggle and it turns into a hat - any ideas where i can get one of them thats not navy/black?

Not sure about anything else, but M&S always have nice scarves in stock.
If you are watching £'s - try TKMaxx, there is always a bargain there... :)
For something a bit thicker and quite cheap H&M...?
To be honest I always fine the horsey ones really thin and not very good with the wind - plus they are often waaaaaaay overpriced!
Hope that helps a bit...

As far as showerproof goes, you need to be paying real money to get proper waterproof and even then they won't keep you dry in the worst, I once got wet through a GoreTex jacket, and it dont really come better than that.

Personally, I don't wear a 'riding' coat, I have a general purpose walking/outdoor stuff waterproof. Cost be 100 quid, but has been worn and worn (and its black so I'll even wear it out and about generally when its wet), in my opnion its a better use of money.

This is like what I have, http://www.gaynors.co.uk/cgi-bin/tr....gaynors.co.uk/shop/656/146/154/155/index.htm although mine's obviously a few years old.

newrider.com