Clip, anyone?

Probably Partly todo with tack suddenly not fitting. Rascals bridle is somewhat cosy in winter! Why we don't have a noseband!

I kind of like it - wonder if you could clip a little collar (like shirt collar) in hehehehehe. Could have been don't better though.

actually also shows his face off - rascals face would be indistinguishable from the next mini due to hair - same as Shetlands. It's hat to tell weight, features muscle tone etc etc when they get so hairy

OK, I'll buy the clip if that's what they do with minis.... but what's with the hogging of the top of the mane???? :unsure:

It's to show off their face when they are in their winter woolies. Usually done with minis in the USA, the clipping of the long bridlepath is also mostly done in the USA on Arabs, saddlebreds and morgans I believe.

I think the hogging at the top of the mane is to do with breed turnout, as No_Angel says, it's really common with Arabs even in the high level showing in the UK. The clip is possibly to do with it being a youngster as well, in the UK I think (don't quote me on this) you can undertake limited clipping on the finer youngsters i.e. bib type clips for winter showing....you don't tend to see it done quite like that over here so could be the US version/how that breed are clipped?

Poor little man - Tennesse Walking horses have a good few inches hacked away from the bridle path back - hate it, but hate what they've done to this little chap even more! Maybe it is something peculiar to America and some American horses?

newrider.com