Christening Gift Ideas

Whatever you give, just don't give those little trinket boxes you are supposed to keep your child's teeth in. Why would anybody think they make good baby gifts? I'd have to keep them for 10 years before he's even lose a tooth to put into that?!
So I get a gift that I need to keep track of and can't use for anything for another decade. Very odd. I got three of them for my son's birth...
Could you make something?
That would be a keeper. I hand dyed some bamboo velour fabric and then used batik to add all kinds of dragonflies and frogs to it. Then I stitched it together and quilted it a bit. My friend really liked it.
Something handmade always says 'extra special' to me. I like the things others made for my kids.

I like those baby bouquets - baby grows and the like made into flowers - really smart.

Lol I didn't read this properly and thought the title was Christmas gifts, thought it was a tad early!

Silver is traditional. What would be cool is one of the silver ltd edition coins the mint produce. Different and poss worth some money when hes older.

How about a tree for the Jubilee Forest (can't remember the name off the top of my head) which you can have dedicated to him? It will grow as he grows and will be something he could visit when he is older.

newrider.com