Chiro

acw295

May 21, 2006
twitter.com
Molly saw the chiro (McTimoney) this week - flony_pony had her out for her girls so I joined in, I didn't have any actual concerns about Molly, was more of an MOT, particularly as she has a new saddle.

Anyway, her pelvis was a bit out and her atlas was very out, I'm really curious about the atlas. Is this something that horses out out easily? How does it manifest itself? I'm just looking to either stop it happening again, or how to tell if it does?

Total novice at all of this so any info appeciated :)

I definitely need treatment for me too :p

The atlas and axis are the first 2 vertibrae at the poll, horses often are 'out' at the poll for many reasons - it could be mollys banged her head at some point, rolled in the field badly, got cast in a stable, or even just played rough with a field companion
Dont worry about it, theres nothing you can do to prevent it, horses are horses and will get these little problems, the easiest way to know if she has a problem in the future is if she cant do the yes / no movement with her head, as long as she can turn her head easily from side to side ' the no movement' and 'nod the yes movement' up and down without restrictions - shes not done anything to worry about. When riding you would know by having steering problems, or her head and neck not following a smooth line when asking for a bend

I often have a Mctimmony treatment myself, its great to have an MOT at the same time as your ned, so if your out of balance you can be 'straightened up' so you as a pair benifit

Jill

newrider.com