Challenge me?

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
So I tend to get bored easily :rolleyes: so I wondered if you would all help keep things interesting, set me a challenge (within reason, but I'll try almost anything once ;) especially if it sounds down right stupid :p) for something to try with one of the neds, it could be in hand, out hacking, ridden schooling (as long as it doesn't involve loads of tight circles and can be done in a field) :D I guess I'm looking for shorter/quick things rather than things that will need 6 months training, but I am not dissuaded by those either :D

@newforest we still need to try the vaulting thing, remind me of what we were meant to do?

Well you can try and do what I am completely failing to do with Amber and that is slow her walk down! So your challeneg is to set off in a marching walk counting out loud: 1,2,3,4; 1,2,3,4 then sloooooow it down 1....and 2.... and 3..... and 4 - and her feet need to keep time with your counting. And fast again and slow again. Should help with the hacking issues too lol!

Reactions: Prjsmk and Jessey
Well you can try and do what I am completely failing to do with Amber and that is slow her walk down! So your challeneg is to set off in a marching walk counting out loud: 1,2,3,4; 1,2,3,4 then sloooooow it down 1....and 2.... and 3..... and 4 - and her feet need to keep time with your counting. And fast again and slow again. Should help with the hacking issues too lol!
Oo that's a great one, I will try it tonight with my head cam on :D

Reactions: Prjsmk
Amber will go at the pace of the other horses out hacking. But she will NOT walk slowly for me on our own. Not even in an arena!

Reactions: Jessey
So I tend to get bored easily :rolleyes: so I wondered if you would all help keep things interesting, set me a challenge (within reason, but I'll try almost anything once ;) especially if it sounds down right stupid :p) for something to try with one of the neds, it could be in hand, out hacking, ridden schooling (as long as it doesn't involve loads of tight circles and can be done in a field) :D I guess I'm looking for shorter/quick things rather than things that will need 6 months training, but I am not dissuaded by those either :D

@newforest we still need to try the vaulting thing, remind me of what we were meant to do?
Can't recall.
But shelved it I think they say. Running alongside her causes her to bite. I decided I wouldn't want to be trying to fling myself on.

My old RI gave me this exercise to do! Not so much to slow Raf down but to get him to walk at a consistent pace without me nagging. I used a metronome (downloaded app on my phone) - the idea being so that I'd know whether the pace was consistent or starting to slow down, as I have trouble deciding (in all aspects of life lol).

Also, I was thinking about joining the vaulting challenge, so if you could just give it a go and let me know how it's done I might ponder it some more myself :p

Shooting at a target with a bow and arrow. First stationary, then at walk, then trot, then canter. Then bareback. Then hanging off the side on the basis that the target is shooting back at you!
I've messaged my friend to see if i can borrow his bow :p if not I'll make a rudimentary one over the weekend.

I played with the fast and slow walk and it went OK, gave us something to think about on our leg stretch hack tonight, fiddled in trot too, will upload the video shortly :p

I'll have to look on YouTube for vaulting, I don't have springy legs so I'll probably fall flat on my face :p

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com