Casper is moving yards!

MaisieMoo

Oct 19, 2007
Hi,

Wanted to thank everyone for their posts on the thread http://www.newrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128195&highlight=facilities

After visiting 2 other yards in the area today I have decided to move to a yard that not only is closer to my house but is also very small and will allow me to school Casper the way I want to:)

I was a bit concerned about the limited turnout in winter as he's been out 24/7 since I got him however he'll still be out all day only coming in at about 6pm.

He's also much happier spending time in his stable now winter is coming (was waiting at the gate 1st thing this morning, was in for 7 hours and was still really reluctant to go back out!)

His new stable is newly built and is MASSIVE!! It's also indoor and surrounded by other horses so it will be nice and sheltered but he can still do his nosy! There is also a tack shop, a wee cafe, lots of storage, a XC field and nice hacking trails!

Am moving him on saturday - have decided to hack him to the new yard as it's all off road and only takes an hour rather than stressing him out for 10 minutes in a trailer - am hoping it will make the transition really smooth.

I'll keep you all updated on the move and how settles in!!

Thanks again for your posts!

K

oh thats exciting news Kirstin! I bet you cant wait now:D and you'll be amazed how much stuff youll have accumulated and have to lug over there as well!

oh thats exciting news Kirstin! I bet you cant wait now:D and you'll be amazed how much stuff youll have accumulated and have to lug over there as well!

Tell me about it but the new Y/O has offered to bring her trailer and help me transport it so I don't have to fit it all in my car!:D

Oh congratulations I'm sure it will go great.

I moved my lad on sunday and spent the week before not sleeping but now this week I'm really happy as he's settled in so well

Good luck:D

Oh congratulations I'm sure it will go great.

I moved my lad on sunday and spent the week before not sleeping but now this week I'm really happy as he's settled in so well

Good luck:D

Thanks - I'm very nervous! I've only had him 8 weeks and this will be his second yard with me - hoping that hacking there will reduce the stress but keep wondering how he'll settle in to new herd and new enviroment although he seemed to settle in at current yard very quickly.

Also worrying whether or not I've made the right decision to move - new yard is lovely but it's all happened so quickly that I'm worried I've made a rash decision - we'll soon find out!!

K

Thanks - I'm very nervous! I've only had him 8 weeks and this will be his second yard with me - hoping that hacking there will reduce the stress but keep wondering how he'll settle in to new herd and new enviroment although he seemed to settle in at current yard very quickly.

Also worrying whether or not I've made the right decision to move - new yard is lovely but it's all happened so quickly that I'm worried I've made a rash decision - we'll soon find out!!

K

aww, dont worry, i was in exactly the same boat 2 1/2 weeks ago! And id only had Tally 6 weeks! Am sure he'll settle just fine- I made sure i was around to spend lots of time with Tally in the first few days so she realised my presence was still a constant in her life:D

Last edited by a moderator:
aww, dont worry, i was in exactly the same boat 2 1/2 weeks ago! And id only had Tally 6 weeks! Am sure he'll settle just fine- I maded sure i was around to spend lots of time with Tally in the first few days so she realised my presence was still a constant in her life:D

Am moving him at the weekend so will probably be camped out at the yard all weekend - luckily there is no curfew at this yard -have to be out by 9pm week days and 5pm weekend at current yard but here I can pop up any time so will be able to keep checking on him (and probably driving Y/O mad!)

Am moving him at the weekend so will probably be camped out at the yard all weekend - luckily there is no curfew at this yard -have to be out by 9pm week days and 5pm weekend at current yard but here I can pop up any time so will be able to keep checking on him (and probably driving Y/O mad!)

a curfew???:eek: sounds like it will be much better at your new yard!:) I was back at my yard checking Tally wasnt too hot the other night after 10pm:p

Hi Kirsten, sorry to hear that you and Casper will be leaving the yard. I wish you the best of luck with the move and hope he settles into his new home quickly. I am sure he will be fine though :)

Hi Kirsten, sorry to hear that you and Casper will be leaving the yard. I wish you the best of luck with the move and hope he settles into his new home quickly. I am sure he will be fine though :)

Thanks Heather - it's just a bit busy for us at Tannochs and the 10 minute trek to the field everynight is a nightmare especially as it's getting so muddy!!

We're only going 10 minutes up the road so I'm sure we'll be back visiting (if we're allowed)

If Saturdays hack goes ok might even consider hacking him back for lessons with Michelle during the summer!

newrider.com