Bronson's return to showjumping (with pics)

sarahandbronson

Goodbye NR :(
Mar 8, 2009
nottinghamshire
Vet gave him the all clear on Monday - he's been sound and in work for 3 months and his bute has been reduced - so decided we would take him for his first little outing today :)

Being as it was his first competition in six months, and I've only jumped him twice in that period, thought we'd just go in the 65cm, and see what happened. He popped round the course fine, went in for the jump off, didn't push him for time, just let him pick his speed.
Bronson, being Bronson, only goes and wins :D Would have qualified for the UK riders finals too (as it was area finals) if we'd done the first rounds...

anyway, pictures! sorry if some are a bit fuzzy...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

excuse me with the odd expression - look like I've escaped from an institution!
picture.php

crit on my riding is nice :D

thankyou :) he seemed alright this afternoon; came running over as fast as he could for his tea, so hopefully he's not damaged himself jumping. Might take him out again in 2-3 weeks, fingers crossed :D

Until this month I didn't know if he'd ever be able to jump again, in March vets didn't know if he would ever come sound enough to be ridden consistently... Will just have to see how much he can do, might not get back up to 100-110cm, but hopefully 90cm will be doable :)

newrider.com