Boys now weaned!

Yesterday I finally managed to get the summer pasture taped and moved the stallion and two of his mares onto it. it is the hill above our farm and from there, the home paddock (mud pasture!) can be seen clearly.
I left the babies in there with my old mare (as babysitter) and it seems to have worked.
The eldest colt called a bit for an hour and then settled down for his tea and hay, the youngest wasnt bothered for about 2 hours then started to call....... night was quiet though.
Mares and Dad, kept their heads down and didnt even look when the boys called..... Excellent :dance:

Hopefully today will be just as calm and it will all go smoothly.

AW bless, its always a bit of a 'awwwww' moment when they
realise Mum isn't there and start calling, great to hear they
settled pretty quickly.

Friend of mine Hubby owns a Farm and when they split the Cows the
calves bawl and bawl ALL NIGHT !

Yeah so far hassle free as far as anxiety goes for all concerned..... except me!!!!! One mare has a HUGE udder this morning, NOT hot though....... been reading up and it says to leave it alone it will dry up, she is out 24/7 but today just wants to stand and feel sorry for herself (in the sunshine) I am hoping she will go back up the hill and walk around a bit.
Fingers crossed the udder starts to shrink...... hate the thought of her being so uncomfortable.. Baby is 8/9 months so it should be a good time. :frown:

Well I popped into my vets yesterday and he gave me a little vile of homeopathic granules which I popped into a small feed last evening...... this morning she seems MUCH happier and little man is quiet too........ as the sun is shining again today I will try and get some nice pics of them all.
Fingers crossed that was the only problem I will have lol
Now to bring my other mare home for foaling in 4 weeks ISH!!!!!!!!
:dance:

Oh how sweet. There first life trauma.....weaning. Glad to hear your mare is more comfy. Look forward to the pics and some of your soon to pop mummy. We can compare bellies haha! Abby is getting bigger more quickly now but she has plenty of room to hide it!

newrider.com