Body protectors....

Well I need to get a body protector for college in Sep...I have never wear one (Apart from xc) but need it now after all my life of riding.....Do you think a harry hall valintine one will be ok...as personaly I dont want to spend a lot on one but its a purple level 3 ...Which is what I need for college (level 3)stanard BodyProctector.

we're in the same boat (i'm getting lessons @ college instead)
it should be fine - if it meets the standereds then it will be suitable for jumping in.
i have never worn a BP but i need one (want 1 anyway just to make me feel better) but i'm going to be getting mine from robinsons when the one in cannock finally opens
about £50 for a level 3 adult med.

Yes ...I suspose I bet I will end up getting nagged cause Im not in that habbit of putting one on....er . Well as long as its same stanard I aint bothered its not like a hat, which a get properly fitted and I dont mind spending a lot on, well thanks was just wondering on people opoins on them.

we're in the same boat (i'm getting lessons @ college instead)
it should be fine - if it meets the standereds then it will be suitable for jumping in.
i have never worn a BP but i need one (want 1 anyway just to make me feel better) but i'm going to be getting mine from robinsons when the one in cannock finally opens
about £50 for a level 3 adult med.

Oooh sorry to hijack post but there's to be a robinsons in cannock!!!! When!? Is it likely to be before september as I soo need some new boots and jods before college starts back!

I would go somewhere and try them on as some fit your shape better than others. I am an expensive fit (typical) but my friend was a cheap fit - lucky her :rolleyes:

Once you know which one fits you best - and therefore feels most comfy, then you can shop around for the best price ;)

i went to TFM for my jodphur boots - i emailed them and they said it's due to open in autumn and we should keep an eye on the website since there is no set date.
i have heard things about it being in August

I think body protectors are definetly woth the money if you find the right size and the fight fit. If it's comfortable then nothings going to stop you wearing it. Nobody wants to ride in a bulky restrictive body protector - and I think alot of people are put off by perhaps one body protector the'yve tried which has felt bulky and then presume that must be what every body protector feels like.
Like SnowyBoy says, shop around, try a few on! I have the champion cobra body protector, it is IS pricey but well worth the money as i've fallen of onto my back more times than i can count. I didnt originally plan on wearing it everytime i rode, but I don't even notice it's i'm wearing it anyway - so why take the risk? Other people swear by the Racesafe 2000 - i tried that on in the shop and felt like a sumo! It's just everybody to there personal opinion.:)

newrider.com