Blair XC *pics*!

gail_rose

Dec 28, 2003
Scotland
Visit site
Had a great day at Blair today, took loads of photos but not that many that turned out very well. Surprised myself by not actually buying anything today. We were on the course for ages & only really went back to the shops to find my friend's dad & eat because we were starving! Didn't spot any fellow NR folk there but hope anyone who was there enjoyed themselves as much as I did!

Got home about an hour ago & am shattered now. Think it'll be an early one for me tomight!

Anyway - here's the important part!

DSCF9041.jpg

DSCF9042.jpg

DSCF9046.jpg

DSCF9047.jpg

DSCF9051.jpg

DSCF9053.jpg

DSCF9057.jpg

DSCF9058.jpg

DSCF9059.jpg

DSCF9061.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Some of the jumps were really scary! Have got one of my friend & her dad at an open ditch from the CCI3* course & a blurry one of William Fox-Pitt at a massive one on the CCI2*.
The weather was fine. A bit chilly at times, quite a lot of cloud & a wee drop of sunshine but no real rain so can't complain!
You should definitely try to get there next year. This was my first time at the XC day & I'll definitely be going back.

Open ditch pic:
DSCF9038.jpg

I was at the front of the jump, my friend was standing in the ditch & her dad was on tiptoes behind the brush!

Blurry William FP pic:
DSCF9064.jpg

Shame the jump judge is in the way here, this jump looked scary to me!

I thought the riding and the course were ace, we were standing just across from you at the top water jump on the other side and just out of the photo's you taken! William fp made it look like a wee wander in the park! Did think that water jump was a wee bit less technical than last year. I never bought anything this year, had been looking for socks, gloves and a jacket but didn't think there were any good bargains?! Had an awesome day out though. x

we thought the shopping was poor. not many bargains to be had. I did get a thermatex waistcoat though, and a rugby shirt at the grass sickness stall. I almost succumbed to getting toby a thermatex stable rug but decided as he got a new one last year i should really hold off. we had to leave at 4pm so didn't see any of the 2* XC. we were at the top water too, having our views spoilt by the kids (and adults) who persisted in swinging on the bloody course roping. I had words with one kid about that. I was also rather fed up of people ignoring the requests to use the crossings and running across the course, more often than not when a horse was on it's way. seemed like a distinct lack of common sense was prevailing amongst the crowds this year!!

EURGH!!!!!! It makes me feel queasy thinking about jumping anything like that....I struggle with the teensiest tiniest jump

newrider.com