best way to sell a horse...

Sofi P

Jan 2, 2008
Solihull
tie it up outside the tack shop (with hay and water of course) for a day and loe and behold - one pony sold!

haha, I am of course NOT suggesting this is the way to sell your prized pony...

The owner of my tack shop does quite a few 'deals' with the local gypsies and aquired a super cute 3yo pony on Saturday, there was a spare stable at the ajoining livery yard (where my horse is kept) so it spent its first night of luxury in a stable. The poor little mite is under weight, has lice and worms and I had feared it would just be stuck back out in the field as the tack shop owner has a habit of doing... But, he's started him on a worming course, and my friend who works at the shop gave him a bath today and covered him in deloucer. To dry off my friend tied the pony up outside the shop and the owner just asked every person who came into the shop if they wanted to buy a pony! So he's off next week to a local riding school (pretty good one too) to spend a year in the field with the other (worm free) ponies.

It's certainly a different way of selling ponies! :rolleyes:

I'm also really glad he's off to a good home. Apart from being in a bit of a sorry state it's a really sweet pony and pretty bomb proof. We named him Strongbow but I have a feeling that might get changed at his new home!

newrider.com