best equestrian property sites?

LokiSofi

Oct 11, 2003
New forest
My OH and I went to see my parents yesterday and they mentioned they were looking at buying a farm/smallholding and running it as an equestrian business of some kind and were wondering if my OH and I would like to go into this venture with them, we would have our own house etc on site and if the business took off I could stay home and work/play horses all day. OH and my dad would keep working in their current jobs.
OH and I have thought about it and have decided this could be a perfect venture for us all. Anyway we are all now looking around for possible properties etc and checking to see how feesable it would be etc so does anyone know of any good website for equestrian properties or smallholdings? :)

When we were looking for equestrian properties we looked on our local estate agents websites - we found that there were a couple with leanings towards rural / equestrian properties as such. I did look at some of the others like ruralscene etc, but I needed something local and as such it was easier to use the local ones. Good luck - sounds like a good venture!

thankyou. Luckily we don't need to look locally as both my OH and my dad can work form anywhere in the country doing their jobs so as long as we aren't too far from major roads it's not a problem

I'm not sure about down your way but I know all of the ones in wales!

Try primelocation as well, if you put the word acres in it brings back properties with land :)

Depends where in the country you would consider and what price bracket.

Smiths Gore, Savills, Fisher German, KFR handle upper market over most of the country, Rural Scene, EME/EAE, Rural and Equestrian more of the lower market properties with a concentration in the cheaper ares of the country. Try Churchills for the south, ECR for essex/suffolk etc.

First thing is to identify possible areas and price ranges, something that looks good on paper can be a nightmare in real life if you don't know the area!!

It is making me so depressed looking at all those properties :( Why oh why couldn't our syndicate at work win the 84 million on friday, i wouldn't even mind sharing!

prime location takes in all the ads from other agents so you will find them all amalgamated in there and you can pre=set a search and be notified if anything else comes on, similarly right move.

EML has given the major nationals, savills, smiths gore, strutt and parker, knight frank, but each region has its own local agencies who tend to have a lot of rural stuff so you need to identify them as well.

H&H will give you the cream of the agents ads, plus private ads - as will local newspapers.

newrider.com