Best bit of plant I ever bought!

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
Reverse up to your bale..........
bales001.jpg

Tip up the cradle and strap the bale to it.
bales002.jpg

Now attach the winch to the cradle and turn the handle until......
bales003.jpg

the bale is winched into the trailer, ratchet up the bale a bit tighter, and away you go.
bales008.jpg

I think I got the car a bit grubby in the process! :redface::redface:

bales006.jpg

And there was me thinking it would be a twig or a leaf!!! :giggle:

What a fantastic bit of plant indeed!!! Dom and I nearly gave ourselves hernias last winter rolling haylage bales that size - uphill!!!

Seen a few people with these. Handy for behind the quad too.
I have a mental block for reversing trailers so I would have a right carry on with one!

If you can't reverse all you do is push the trailer into place then before winding the handle attach the trailer to the vehicle! Cheat!

Good idea.
I can reverse a horse trailer for some reason but the small ones just prove impossible for me!

The smaller the trailer the more difficult it is to reverse.

I would rather reverse the 7.5 tonne lorry with the trailer than the quad and trailer.

We took a wrong turn on the way to the RHS and ended up having to do a 3 point turn with the lorry and trailer in the garden shed and BBQ hut displays in the show ground itself! OOPS!

Thats a handy bit of kit - most of the farmers around here have those damn great spikes or the two big rolled prongs - but that requires a tractor so this looks great for towing with the 4x4 etc.

I still have all the A frames and bale spikes left over. Our tractor died, and it was cheaper to get one of those than another tractor big enough to handle black bales.

Where did you find that. That behind a quad would not chew up the filed the way the YO big tractor does. I will tell him. Is getting the bale of just the revere and then unwrap, or do you unwrap on the trailer?

wow that is impressive :biggrin:

I love you collie Wally, he is lovley! Perfect life for them up there in the hills!
I often think my collie would love to be somewhere like that running around all day!

Where did you find that. That behind a quad would not chew up the filed the way the YO big tractor does. I will tell him. Is getting the bale of just the revere and then unwrap, or do you unwrap on the trailer?

It's a bog standard Logic trailer, made by the folk who make the quad stuff. The original ones were made only for hay and straw, this one is beefed up for black bales.

We cut the rap off then unload, then it's not sitting on any net or plastic. To unload you just put the strop the other side of the bar and wind.......and stand clear!

wow that is impressive :biggrin:

I love you collie Wally, he is lovley! Perfect life for them up there in the hills!
I often think my collie would love to be somewhere like that running around all day!

She was waiting for me to start hosing the wheels off! She cannot resist a hose or a water pistol.

She once rounded up some tourists whose kids had those super soaker water pistols, they were convinced she was about to savage them, then I told them she had seen the super soakers and simply wanted the kids to shoot her!:wink:...the ice was broken and a jolly good battle ensued!

newrider.com