Belle is in the naughty corner again.

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Ooops! Got to the yard last night after work but just felt to worn out to ride, so asked one of the girls if she would like to ride Belle for me, now she's a lovely girl, shares one of the horses at the yard and regularily rides one of the others, she isn't a bad little rider and has oodles of confidence.
She was more than happy to jump on and ride her in the field for me, well after a warm up and once I knew they were both happy I asked would she like to try a little jump, again young girl happy to have a go..... Belle on the other hand was not so impressed cantered up to the jump and threw in three good bucks! Que young girl on the floor.... to say I was shocked is an understatement as she has never attempted anything like that with me and usually loves jumping.
Anyway young girl jumps back on took her back around and up to the fence, no bucking this time but she just hit the brakes instead... third time she took her up to the jump and I shouted to her to keep her leg on which she did and Belle flew over it quite happily and easily (it was only about 18 inch)
I jumped on the cool her down and work on some walk excersises with her and bloomin heck she was sooooo good, relaxed into a lovley soft contact and worked better than she has so far in a lovley outline (we have been working on this) I couldn't believe how she went from being a naughty little monkey into an angel just with a change of rider. Hubby thinks she is a one person horse but I didn't think horses thought like that?
Anyway I just hope she doesn't start throwing bucks with me or she'll end up a field ornament!

newrider.com