Beautiful hack

shadowfax1967

Aug 29, 2008
south wales
took my girlie out for a hack today she was as good as gold a bit spooky but i put that down to all the food she is having probably need to cut it down.

but anyway we was cantering along the mountain road when we met head on 20 motor cross bikers they were fab all switched their engines off my girlie wasn't bothered at all in fact we was stood amongst them all having a chat.....they was great with her and very respectful and understanding:dance:,,,they were 100% more considerate than alot of car drivers i have met in the past.

i take my hat off to them and thank them considering my girl used to be afraid of them but not now she didnt even flinch in fact she was looking for treats off them.....greedy girl:tongue:

Last edited:
Funny enough I had a very similar experience today. Had a lovely hack out with Rosie being very well behaved if a little lazy. On the way back she was getting keen to get back and speeding up a bit but not silly with it, when along a parallel track came a couple of motorcross bikes. They arent meant to be on there, but hey, live and let live - they werent being stupid or dangerous just blooming noisy! Rosie was a bit on her toes and kept looking that way but I told her to mind her business and walk on!

As I was untacking they came back up the track and as soon as they saw us, both stopped - I waved them on as madam didnt seem concerned but one stopped his engine and walked his bike past anyway. Bless em!

I often think we have a lot in common with cyclist and off road bikers and as long as everyone is considerate of each other and the environment then Im more than happy to share our open spaces :)

All the quad bikers and motorbikers around here are brilliant. They want to use the woods for tricks etc and we want it for riding. If they see us coming, they'll switch off and wait for us to go.

According to the estate rules, they are not to be any motor/quad bikes or cars in the forest, and riders have to have permits, so they don't want to be reported and risk coming back, just in case. Mutual respect... they switch off and we're happy, so they're happy they get to carry on :D

thank you, my girlie is very sensible and looks after me.....a pleasure to own i am very lucky with her we have a fantastic bond between us and we are a great partnership:wub:
I couldn't ask for anything more from her, one very happy owner. even when she spooks she just plants no silly spinning or running off we may just have a side step and that's the worst.

Last edited:
newrider.com