Basil....Goodbye little friend.

Razzledazzle

Feb 7, 2008
CORNWALL
Just a little tribute to my brave little terrier Basil who died last night. He had been epileptic for around a year and diabetic for about six months. He had a couple of bad days over the last three weeks when his heart had been slowed by a fit but both times..to the vets amazement..he bounced back as good as new. Yesterday though he had 5 fits throughout the day...the last one took its toll and he died quietly on his chair with his head in my hand. He was 13. He was the best. The noisiest..cheekiest...greediest , happiest , funniest little monster you could ever wish for. I will miss him so much.

10-04-07_1355.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

Just a little tribute to my brave little terrier Basil who died last night. He had been epileptic for around a year and diabetic for about six months. He had a couple of bad days over the last three weeks when his heart had been slowed by a fit but both times..to the vets amazement..he bounced back as good as new. Yesterday though he had 5 fits throughout the day...the last one took its toll and he died quietly on his chair with his head in my hand. He was 13. He was the best. The noisiest..cheekiest...greediest , happiest , funniest little monster you could ever wish for. I will miss him so much.

10-04-07_1355.jpg

DSC00735.jpg
[/QUOTE

he was a character, wonderfull little dog.
r.i.p little man.

RIP Little Man - he went knowing he was loved.

"If tears could build a staircase, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to Heaven, and bring you home again."

I said 'goodbye' to my own little terrier at the beginning of the year, so I know what you're going through.

I really feel for you, my dogs are my life. I lost one a little while ago and it's the worst feeling.
He looks so cute, and you can take comfort in the fact that you were the lucky person that got to spend 13 years with him.
I hope you're ok x

Thanks for all the kind thoughts..
Lolly-lu....like you my dogs are everything to me, as much as I love my horses its just not quite the same. I read about your little one the other day, that must have been just awful.

Some more pics of the my little fellow.... just to be completely self-indulgent.

First day home..7 weeks old :)
Puppy20Baz.jpg

His usual sleep position...:rolleyes:
DSC02428.jpg

Who could resist that face....
DSC02433.jpg

You're not being self indulgent! It's all part of the excepting and grieving process. It'll take a while, but eventually it will hurt less and you'll be able to remember him fondly. There is just something about dogs isn't there? They are just so forgiving and loving no matter what mood you are in, and i guess that's what makes it hurt more when you lose one... All the pics are lovely xx

R.I.P. Basil...

I know how you feel:(. My dog Bru died of cancer 7th August 2008. I still think of her now...

Don't worry:). Just think that he's running around in heaven chewing his favourite bone... And you'll be fine:)!

Naomi xxx

newrider.com