Barnsley/South Yorks riding schools?

kittles

Apr 24, 2007
South Yorkshire
Hi! I'm new around here.

I just wondered if anyone could recommend a good riding school in the Barnsley area? I'm going to be moving down there probably in the next few months, and think the 100 mile round trip to my current school every week will probably be a bit much :(

Thanks!

Welcome to BARNSLEY its not a bad place for horses every corner of land has a pony on it. There are some very good riding schools here. just look on yellow pages. can't recommend any personally as I haven't been to a riding school in years! Stay in touch I may be looking for a helper if things work out.

I used to ride a Barnes Green which is in Grenoside, at the north side of Sheffield - not that far from Barnsley. This was years ago, but it was fun - they had some nice horses, they had yard shows/events (did an ODE there) and the hacking is really good, off road in some nice woods behind the yard.

Hey, thanks everyone! I'll have a look into those :D

I've had a look through the yellow pages and found quite a few that would be near enough to travel to, but I can't find any info on them, and nothing beats a bit of personal experience.

I rode for 7 years as a kid, and only got back into it in the last year, so the basics are there, I'm just a bit rusty! Ideally I'd be looking for a place that I could progress and try getting back into a spot of showjumping and cross country, but on a quite laid back level - more like fun lessons and maybe the odd local show.

Stay in touch I may be looking for a helper if things work out.

Ooh, that'd be fabulous. I used to ride a horse in Leeds, but had to give up riding him as he was a bit much for me (purebred Arab and well aware of it :eek: ) and I lost my confidence with him a little.

I'd love to get back into sharing/helping when I'm all settled down south!

My nags are nice and quiet Its the kids that run rings round me LOL
still, Barnsgreen is quite good from looking at it its got some really good facilities. So has Throstle Nest, there's also Blue line, I know people that have been to most of these. Don't know about the bitching though thats why I left livery yards couldn't do with it.

newrider.com