fairlady

Jul 14, 2007
Bristol
Cookster rang me yesterday to say she was going to get some 'Bargain'
Rubber Matting today and would I be interested in any........well YES:biggrin:

Apparently somebody on her Yard got some and its very good quality

COST £10 per TON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, it has come from conveyor belts so its not very Wide but you can
get it in almost any length you want.........

Worth going to look at but somehow don't think we will need a TON between
us :biggrin:

I bought some of that stuff a few years ago, was great!

You will be surprised how little of it you get for a tonne though...as it weighs a er...er ...tonne...lol:giggle:

I bought some of that stuff a few years ago, was great!

You will be surprised how little of it you get for a tonne though...as it weighs a er...er ...tonne...lol:giggle:

:giggle::giggle::giggle:
Actually I thought that after typing it as I know its extremely heavy.........

Well may just have to splash out and spend £20 between us:giggle::giggle:

I had conveyer belt rubber matting down, but it was smooth and way too slippy when it got wet (for me not the pone). One of the girl's dads got it, it was in huge lengths, but 3 foot wide.

I have the conveyer belt matting down which I get free from the local quarry.. they are huge and when they break in the quarry they chuck them out.

Word of warning they are seriously heavy!! I have cut mine down to metre squares that all slot togther in my stable. My boys love it, although as Talibutts says it is slippy when wet for you with your boots on - doesn't seem to bother the horses though??

Love mine, although it took us multiple stanley blades to cut through it !!!

I have the conveyer belt matting down which I get free from the local quarry.. they are huge and when they break in the quarry they chuck them out.

Word of warning they are seriously heavy!! I have cut mine down to metre squares that all slot togther in my stable. My boys love it, although as Talibutts says it is slippy when wet for you with your boots on - doesn't seem to bother the horses though??

Love mine, although it took us multiple stanley blades to cut through it !!!

i need some rubber matting!! whst did you do just ring them and ask for it? i dont even know where the closest quarry is to me!!

Of to find a local quarry!

You can also ask the council if they are refurbing play parks if you can have the rubber matting from under the swings and see saw etc.

My Dad happened to be friends with the manager at our local one, but they are very friendly...remember they have to pay to get it disposed of and removed so you're doing them a favour!! I would give them a call, everyone in my local area seems to use them lol. They are literally metres and metres long so you just cut them down to size.

newrider.com