Autism Spectrum Disorder / other PDDs - Dissertation help please

Frenchie

Feb 29, 2012
Hi,

I am a final year student studying neuroscience and psychology and am currently gathering data for my dissertation into 'The effects of hippotherapy (equine therapy) for children with autism spectrum disorders and other pervasive development disorders'. If you;
a) have a child with ASP/PSD that has had equine therapy/been horse riding regularly
b) work with children with ASD/PDD and horses or
c) generally have been involved with a child with ASD/PDD having ridden therapy
I would be very grateful if you could fill in the questionnaire below:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QRTVGDF

If you have any questions feel free to post them here or PM me :) The full project outline can be viewed here:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx5eX3f5OVpDNmNySEptMzFSamU4Ty0tejBpVHdBQQ

Thank you very much for your time,

Victoria

I'm not a kid but I myself have a condition called Aspergers syndrome which is on the autistic spectrum. Would I be useful to you?

Hi, I will fill out your questionnaire. I am qualified in the Horse Boy method, which uses some hippotherapy but also other equine assisted therapy. Do you want me to pass your link onto the Horse Boy UK team?

ETA- actually, none of the questions are really relevant to me- more parents. Is there a separate questionnaire?

Last edited:
Hi, I will fill out your questionnaire. I am qualified and practice in the Horse Boy method, which uses some hippotherapy but also other equine assisted therapy. Do you want me to pass your link onto the Horse Boy UK team?

ETA- actually, none of the questions are really relevant to me- more parents. Is there a separate questionnaire?

I am already in touch with some of the people at horseboy, but if you could fill in the questionnaire thinking about the progress of one child that would be really useful?

There is a lovely charity in Nottingham called rainbow horses. I think someone on here pointed me to them and may be able to give more information but they might be able to offer some help and information. http://www.rainbowhorses.co.uk/

I also suspect I may have aspergers (two family members have been diagnosed) but I haven't bothered as I'm getting on with life so not sure if I'm any use. I ride lots and have done all my life.

My younger brother who was diagnosed at a very young age was only happy as a tot on his pony. He's a teenager now and doesn't ride as it involves outdoors and weather and things though but I could put you in contact with him.

There is a lovely charity in Nottingham called rainbow horses. I think someone on here pointed me to them and may be able to give more information but they might be able to offer some help and information. http://www.rainbowhorses.co.uk/

I also suspect I may have aspergers (two family members have been diagnosed) but I haven't bothered as I'm getting on with life so not sure if I'm any use. I ride lots and have done all my life.

My younger brother who was diagnosed at a very young age was only happy as a tot on his pony. He's a teenager now and doesn't ride as it involves outdoors and weather and things though but I could put you in contact with him.

Brill, thanks. Have e-mailed the centre :)

I have completed it for all three of my children with difficulties.

My first is 12 and Autistic (diagnosed) but actually has had the least benefit from horses although it has been beneficial.

I have also included my other two children

My 6yr old who is Dyspraxic generally and verbally (diagnosed). Dyspraxia is on the Autistic spectrum but is not autism

My 3yr old has MCADD (diagnosed) which is a metabolic condition but the amount of treatment he has affects his comunication and behaviour for which he sees a physchotherapist (sp?!). (He has actually just been in hospital for the last 6 days of which 5 of have been on a drip and has had over 20 cannulation attempts over those 5 days which leaves him mentally scarred - now back out and recovering at home, until next time)

newrider.com