asking for things / favours...

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
I am really, really bad at asking people for things. Always have been. Even when it's something quite simple I find it difficult to get up the courage to bring it up, and when I do bridge the subject I get all awkward and don't know what to say :redface: Well I guess I just have to man up now! - because my old boss in Portugal has made me an exciting proposition but it means I will have to ask my boss for something quite big (literally!)... we have a great relationship and I'm pretty sure the answer will be yes but still the whole thought of explaining the situation to her makes me go all wibbly :redface: She's currently half way through the national championships so it's not the time to bring it up just now...! I will ask her after the weekend, so got a few more days to find my balls, this will be the biggest favour I've ever asked anyone! :help:

OOOOO Joosie, when do we find out what it is? I'm excited for you, it sounds like it is something good!:biggrin:

I find it very hard asking people for help. Recently I've had to do a lot of it with Rubic not being well. I've had to ask for horsey transport and I've had to ask someone to help me do Rubic in the morning during the week because I would just be exhausted with everything otherwise. Everyone has been lovely about it so far but I feel awful about it. I've already given horsey transport some chocolate and wine to say thanks and I'm going to get E a present to say thanks once Rubic is better.

I suppose what I keep in mind is that if you don't ask you don't get. As long as you aren't thoughtless about it and you aren't taking advantage then I don't see a problem with asking for some help etc!

Hope everything goes to plan!

I find it very hard asking people for help. Recently I've had to do a lot of it with Rubic not being well. I've had to ask for horsey transport and I've had to ask someone to help me do Rubic in the morning during the week because I would just be exhausted with everything otherwise. Everyone has been lovely about it so far but I feel awful about it.

I can totally understand this, it is hard isn't it, you worry people will start to think you're asking too much..!

I hate asking as well. Brought up to be very independent, I don't like it. But I think your boss knows how good you are - you work hard and have really given your whole life over to her business (but I know you get alot out of that so you're not a slave lol!) so I think she'll say yes.

But oh boy have you got us all curious. Will you let us know what it is when you can?!

Oh Joosie you tease. Good luck

but to your thread. I am rubbish at asking for anything and avoid it at all costs. but that just means that when I do have to ask I always get a yes answer.

I don't like asking for things either so can see where you are coming from! Good luck tho - hope it develops as you would like.

I would say the same as OBC most people are happy doing favours for people who rarely ask. Whatever it is it sounds exciting and good luck with it. :)

newrider.com