Arggg! Its Soo Annoying. Cash Wont Put On Weight!

CremelloKendra

Aug 30, 2009
Hes like one of those kids who can eat as much chocolate as they like and still put on no weight ! Its soo annoying. Atm cash is on

1 heaped scoop of alfa a oil
1 scoop of conditioning cubes.
and a handfull of linseed

One of the people said i should get rid of the conditioning cubes as they ae the shops own make and they have nothing in them. And put him on baileys no.4 topline. and the baileys cooked cereal?

Reccomendations please!
I hate having a horse that looks like an RSPCA rescue pony (thats a bit over exaggerated but you get my drill?)

P.s he has been on alfa beet. sugar beet and spidi beet. teeth are good and he has been wormed. btw spidi beet is not a good idea for cash, he rears for some odd reason :confused:

Oh and he had a stuffed haynet twice a day. about 4 leafs

Last edited:
Picture052.jpg

Here is my point!

Have you tried Dodson & Horrell build up mix?

I haven't personally but know someone who has and it's done wonders :)

Sorry I'm not very helpful!!

No, what i have written down is everything i have tryed. having 2 horses whitch are perfect weights and he is not. Hes getting me a little annoyed!

Oh right okay.

Yeah I'd suggest to go to your local tack/feed store and ask some advice on feeding him it.
They can also suggest other feeds/supplements that may help him to put on weight - I do this as my old mare was 26 and found it hard keeping her weight at times and they also had really good suggestions and it was nice and put back on within 3 weeks. Good luck.

But as soon as i mention the breed tb. They give me something as if he is some nut job. But he isnt.? He is sooo laid back. So it doesnt really help :rolleyes:

Pink powder, calm + condition ??

cod liver oil, linseed oil and sunflower oil might be good to keep weight on.
Is there anyway you can just give him loads of hay and let him pick at it whenever (so he is never without)
Good luck :)

Heyy 4 sections is ad-lib for him. there is always a bit at the bottom. and he munches on that all night.
Whats does pink powder do?
My mare has runny poo because she had a mare sometime last year and has not developed her muscles there yet? would that be good for her?

Pink powder has a whole load of vits & mins in as well as some of them have preprobiotics in that help the horse utilise all the nutrients in any feed you give him. Pelleted balancers do the same as well as adding condition :)

i am struggling with weight at the moment as i took my mac off his feed supplement and he lost all of his weight :( i use 365 complete by www.equineanswers.co.uk, its 5 times stronger than blue chip and you can add it to normal feed (my mac wont eat blue chip)

so at the minute i am feeding sugarbeet, hifi senoir (as its conditioning) and a scoop of 365 and the weight is coming back nicely, i am feeding him atleast twice a day sometimes 3 times if i am there enough.

good luck in finding something that works for him, to me he doesnt look to bad as most tb you can see the ribs even when at the ideal weight its the way they are put together however the pic isnt at the best angle to see it all.

allen page fast fibre is also good, i used that for rebel with 365 complete look at the rebel and me :) thread and you will see the difference

When i got my 2 tbs one 9yrs and one 18yrs, they were both severally under weight (u can see in my album i think)

I was feeding them on

1 scoop bailys no4 topline conditioning cubes
1 scoop chaff
1 scoop speedi-beet
1 small scoop pink powder (once a day)
1 cup of oil

plus hay in the field for wenever they felt like it.

This didnt make them heat up or go silly but it did make them put on weight without over doing it.

Another good thing to do is feed twicw a day instead of once until he build up.
If you would like to see some before and after pictures then i will be happy to post them for you on here.

Thanks i may have too try that!
It does really bug me sometimes. Because he is the only one at the yard like it.Apart from the polish man who gives is horses DRIED! linseed :mad:

When i got my 2 tbs one 9yrs and one 18yrs, they were both severally under weight (u can see in my album i think)

I was feeding them on

1 scoop bailys no4 topline conditioning cubes
1 scoop chaff
1 scoop speedi-beet
1 small scoop pink powder (once a day)
1 cup of oil

plus hay in the field for wenever they felt like it.

This didnt make them heat up or go silly but it did make them put on weight without over doing it.

Another good thing to do is feed twicw a day instead of once until he build up.
If you would like to see some before and after pictures then i will be happy to post them for you on here.

He is fed twice a day :)

soz just to add....

Now they have there weight up i just feed them once a day with
1 scoop bailys cubes/mix
1 scoop chaff
1 scoop pink powder

n the hay thay have
when it starts to get really cold i will prob add a small amount of speedi-beet just to keep the weight on

ooppps soory didnt read that bit.

how long have you had him??

the oil is defintly a bonus, just the cheep supermarkets own, it really helped the older tb gain weight as she was worse

newrider.com