Anyone got an exercise bike??

silverstar

Jan 26, 2012
I want to get fitter for riding.....find it hard to get to the gym with my long work hours. Do people find it's something that gets thrown in a corner or used a lot??

We have a home gym with weight - used once by me... Every time I threaten for it to go, my oh protests he is going to use it... 2.5yrs later and he hasn't been near it (other than to get beer out the garage (it's kept in garage!!)

On the other hand a friend uses his religiously mon-fri and goes out on his bike at weekends

NO! I had one of the wretched things 15 years ago and all it did was break my toe. 'Nuff said. But I'm not saying you wouldn't enjoy one of course............................

I have owned exercise bikes and cross trainers at home and hated them and not used them. Because I've belonged to several gyms, the home equipment feels so flimsy and shaky in comparison to the gym stuff that it's been no good to me at all.

If I wanted to use static equipment I'd have to buy really high spec stuff eg Tunturi. For home exercise, the best I have always found has been DVDs that I really enjoy and a good old Reebok Step.

I have owned exercise bikes and cross trainers at home and hated them and not used them. Because I've belonged to several gyms, the home equipment feels so flimsy and shaky in comparison to the gym stuff that it's been no good to me at all.

This!! If I bought an exercise bike for my home I'd save up and get a really good quality one. I bought a cheap (£100) one about 6 months ago but even on its hardest setting it was no challenge for me at all! And it just felt terrible when riding it! So I had to send it back.

If I wanted to use static equipment I'd have to buy really high spec stuff eg Tunturi. For home exercise, the best I have always found has been DVDs that I really enjoy and a good old Reebok Step.

I got engrossed in the biggest loser woman's DVD - Gillian someone? I liked it because I knew it was only 20mins and therefore over quickly! Within a week my stomach was obviously more toned - was surprised!

newrider.com