Anyone else still waterlogged?

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Really hoping for a dry week! It's been such a lovely couple of days this weekend, we've had some lovely hacks, but there's still so much water and mud about. This is a video of our hack yesterday. The river often goes over here when we have a lot of rain, but it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere at the moment. My 'brave' pony led the way. Still avoids puddles though.

Sorry about the pointless prattle, I don't even know I'm doing it half the time.

No we are dry as a bone now.
I enjoy people chatting away. I know I do it. When I get my helmet cam people will get to know that :)

Reactions: Bodshi
Really hoping for a dry week! It's been such a lovely couple of days this weekend, we've had some lovely hacks, but there's still so much water and mud about. This is a video of our hack yesterday. The river often goes over here when we have a lot of rain, but it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere at the moment. My 'brave' pony led the way. Still avoids puddles though.

Sorry about the pointless prattle, I don't even know I'm doing it half the time.
I like your video I bought a hat cam but the belt will not go round my hat so I have to wait to get a belt that will

I like your video I bought a hat cam but the belt will not go round my hat so I have to wait to get a belt that will

That was just my phone. I'd love a hat cam, keep thinking about it. Meant to put it on my Christmas list last year but I forgot.

Oh I love that video and your chatter is sweet Bodshi, nothing wrong with that at all. Brave Raf, he did make me chuckle with his snorting though.
I miss some of my old hacking, we used to have a ford to cross on one of our routes which Belle loved, alas no water here to paddle through.
Our field are drying out nicely now, although still plenty of water lying in the hollows.

Aw bless him, I can't believe you have so much water hanging around :eek: In the last week we have gone from verging on doing a rain dance it was so dry, to mildly flooded (standing water on roads and fields) as it rained enough in one night to fill my wheelbarrow up half way :eek: and back to dry again

WHAT a brave Raf to walk all the way through that water! I love his flicking ears when you talk to him. And doesn't he have a long stride! Ziggy would take 2 little steps to 1 of Raf's!

Plus I think it is really sweet to call your horse "petal" :)

Can't see the video - but I suspect it's my phone as it's not loading any pics from here today or anything on FB :(

We are still a bit wet and slushy but fingers crossed dry by the weekend. We're on deep clay; we were drying up nicely until that blooming rain on Wednesday! :angry:

We are still a bit wet and slushy but fingers crossed dry by the weekend. We're on deep clay; we were drying up nicely until that blooming rain on Wednesday! :angry:

We're the same. I think the water table is so high that any rain just sits on top now with nowhere to go. Nice that some people are drying out though, it must be going to happen to us soon!

Fields still boggin in places here but drying out in others but the water is definitely lying in those wet spots longer this year than previous.

Those are a gorgeous set of grey ears and so clean!

I know ... Petal, I ask you?? If anyone had said to me 'do you use the word Petal as a term of endearment?' I'd have said 'No, never.' Now I realise I say it all the time!

Hahaa nowt wrong with Petal. Mine get sweetheart, pet lamb, Lobster (yes really) & all manner of others:p

Well we found some! Lovely deep puddle, not as long as yours @Bodshi but I was too busy holding Belle to video, lol, she was loving it and wanted to go racing off down the track, I think spring has sprung as she is as fizzy as a bottle of pop at the moment.
Oh and Belle is often 'Petal or Sweet Pea' I think we all call our horses names sometimes.

newrider.com