Anyone else feeling worn out? Update

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
I don't know about you guys but I'm so tired at the moment, not sure if it's just the time of year what with all the rushing about but my get up and go has definitely got up and gone!

Oh yes. I am completely exhausted. I have a stinking cold at the moment and am just so busy preparing for Christmas, trying to get my kids sorted for the endless school plays/parties/xmas jumper days etc. etc. Also riding Ben in the relentless wind and rain is taking its toll. What I would give for an indoor school right now.

I am looking forward to Christmas, but with 2 weeks of school holidays and my family and in-laws coming to stay I won't have much rest at all. Still, summer is on the way.....

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I find my get up and go starts dwindling just before Xmas. I think a mix of darkness and the run up to Xmas getting things sorted does it for me. Come middle Jan I tend to find myself feeling more alive again. Don't get me wrong I love Xmas but do find the whole process tiring. I went I got my 2 in last night at 11 so I could get up at 6 instead of 5 this morning. Certainly didn't get anymore sleep but felt better having that extra hour in the morning rather than going to bed earlier.

Not as bad as last year.

I still get up at 5am and cycle 14 miles a day, but now I finish work at 3 instead of 6 and get home about 6 instead of 8/9pm, so I can't complain :)

I am finding that a good night sleep is solving this for me. Now I have mastered the "wind down" I actually do sleep properly.

I don't know about you guys but I'm so tired at the moment, not sure if it's just the time of year what with all the rushing about but my get up and go has definitely got up and gone!

You haven't had the easiest of years tho have you - with your mum being ill? Wasn't that not so long ago? Sorry if I am getting mixed up, I lose track of time and it might be longer ago than I am thinking. I think also this time of year can really take it's toll with working etc - plus unless you keep your horse very close there is always the extra chore of driving to and from the yard.
Hope you get lots of rest over the festivities.

I feel a lot more energetic than I did this time last year. We had a rubbish time with loads of things going on so this year feels so much better, despite being unsettled and still not having moved home. I can't complain at all, both the girls and us are well fed and OH has enough work. I think anyone feeling frazzled deserves a nice rest over the holidays - and I hope you all get one.

I feel about a hundred years old being full of 6 different tablets and morphine right now( withback injury)!!! I hadnt left the house since October and managed to brave it my daughters toddler groups xmas party. My friends husband kindly picked me up and dropped me off. I was there for an hour and half, complete with back brace and walking stick. I slept when I got home and for most of the next day was extremely sore. deary me! my friend did laugh at me saying its a sign of getting old if a an alcohol free toddlers xmas party leaves you shattered for a day n a half !!!!!!

Not as bad as last year.

I still get up at 5am and cycle 14 miles a day, but now I finish work at 3 instead of 6 and get home about 6 instead of 8/9pm, so I can't complain :)
You are just an inspiration Ale, especially considering how poorly you have been with your tonsillitis :)

Reactions: MrA
I am finding that a good night sleep is solving this for me. Now I have mastered the "wind down" I actually do sleep properly.
I'm sleeping just fine, or at least I think I am, I'm really good at winding down too (years of practise) just seems that I wake up worn out, I go to bed worn out and spend the whole day feeling like I'm wading through treacle just lately.

You haven't had the easiest of years tho have you - with your mum being ill? Wasn't that not so long ago? Sorry if I am getting mixed up, I lose track of time and it might be longer ago than I am thinking. I think also this time of year can really take it's toll with working etc - plus unless you keep your horse very close there is always the extra chore of driving to and from the yard.
Hope you get lots of rest over the festivities.
Thank you Trewsers I shall certainly try.

Reactions: Trewsers
I feel about a hundred years old being full of 6 different tablets and morphine right now( withback injury)!!! I hadnt left the house since October and managed to brave it my daughters toddler groups xmas party. My friends husband kindly picked me up and dropped me off. I was there for an hour and half, complete with back brace and walking stick. I slept when I got home and for most of the next day was extremely sore. deary me! my friend did laugh at me saying its a sign of getting old if a an alcohol free toddlers xmas party leaves you shattered for a day n a half !!!!!!

Not surprised your worn out Gimp, Being in pain anyway is tiring I think but the drugs don't help do they.

Morphine makes me sleep ! I swear I could sleep 24/7 at the moment given the chance!!

Works knackering me out at the moment. 13 hour shifts! If its not them its lates ( finishes at 8pm so home at 9pm after seeing sox ) into early shift ( start at 7am up at 5am! )along with fitting sox in ...

newrider.com