Angry with myself

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Sorry rant due! Rode Storm again today and I am pretty certain now she's just taking the proverbial. She's fine and dandy - eating pooping etc. Looked in her mouth and the sore has healed (vet due next week btw). Anyhoo she was fine for ten - fifteen mins again and Mr T brought Chloe in to walk in hand round the arena. Storm did not object to this the other day in fact it woke her up some! Today all was going well - nice brisk walk and then poof! Suddenly she spun round and stalked off into the middle of the school. I tried hard to take control but she was on the verge of a bucking - I had no bp on so got off. Walked her in hand to try and let her know it wasn't just straight back to her box and freedom!!! feeling quite cross with myself - for not getti g back on and making her do more.
Should I have gone and got my bp and tried again???
Help. Can't weigh it up - she just seems so odd - this is not really her thing at all. Any ideas/ thoughts???
Thanks

No idea, but if you feel something is not right with her then trust your instincts, you know your horse and what is normal for her. It's horrible when you feel something is wrong but can't put your finger on anything obvious.
Hope you can get to the bottom of it though.

I think you have to trust you instincts, its hard to give advice on a forum when you can't see the horse or the whole picture at all so to speak.

In theory I would have said keep riding and work through it BP or not. Why not get someone out for some lessons? Nothing better than a good pair of eyes on the ground imo:smile:

YOu know your horse and if this was not 'her' something might well be up. I would have done exactly the same I think. Not all horses 'take the mick' etc. if any of mine suddenly threatened to buck out of the blue I'd be surprised !

Well vet due again next week - so hopefully he will see if there is something. She can be a monkey - but hasn't been for a long time. The last time we had a bad patch was when she was starting to do more work - when Joe was semi retired.
I wonder if Chloe is unsettling her by accompanying us? I will ride tonorrow but alone - and get OH to watch and film it then I can see how she's moving. Tbh she feels good atm - that's the odd thing. When she had a back problem last time I knew rightaway as she did not feel at all right.
I will pop by bp on too - I feel vulnerable without it if we are going to have a discussion!

newrider.com