And we’re there...

Niko regularly makes me chuckle, today I was fixing fences, look up and he’s making off with my hammer in his mouth, it took some negotiating to get him to let it go 🤣 then as I’m knocking in nails, in comes his nose right over my hammer swinging arm, to check out what I was doing 😝

Then I’m mucking out his stable and had been through the ungrazed paddock to the muck heap so had taken the baler twine tie off the gate (I don’t trust just the hook/latch with him about), he was merrily grazing off down the field. Went back for another barrow load and I come out 2 minutes later and he’s done a ninja stealth creep past the stables, opened the gate and was happily stuffing his face! Lucky for me he hadn’t noticed the gate is missing into the 8 acre hay meadow 🤫 I had nothing to hand but the bit of baler twine to catch him, thankfully he was very good about it 😁

I was really happy with him at dinner time, I feed them both in their stables, I’d let Hank out and decided to see how he’d do with Hank leaving so I perched next to his stable and waited. He watched as Hank toddled off up the field, but not a peep, no fuss and just stood waiting 🥰

2nd time in long lines tonight, and he rocked it 🥰 just before we started Hank spooked at something and broke loose from where he was tied to the fence, which set Niko skittering, but he settled immediately and with Hank in tow I gave Niko a little lunge before swapping him into long lines. We did 10 minutes around the field (Hank still in tow), lots of changes of direction and some less than straight lines but he gave it his everything, I’ll take that thank you very much 😁 especially considering the horse flies were horrific and he had no less than a dozen on him at any time 😡 no pictures, I had my hands full with both of them 😋

Reactions: Trewsers and GaryB
I have never long reined Robin. I used to do it a lot with Soli. I might have to try with Robin just for something to do!

Reactions: Jessey
Little turd is not meant to be in no mans land! Fences all still intact so I presume he’d jumped in.
4CC2D892-07C9-4F1E-83BD-0BD2A2CF14CD.jpeg
They were happy to get back together

Weird its not even listed on your youtube profile.
Very odd, I was able to link it to facebook....I even uploaded it again and NR still says no, must be a NR problem as it won’t let me share another video I’ve shared here before either

Last edited:
Just clicked one of tour other videos on this thread there not saved on your profile but at least you can view them. Stupid technology.

Love him, just threw my saddle on, dropped my girth the other side as I did, tightened the girth for the first time, walked him out, sent him round on the end of the lead and he really couldn’t give two hoots. Did some jumping next to him, pulling as much of my weight as I could on the saddle and he just stood, giving me that look like he’d roll his eyes at me if he could 🤣

• Love
Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
You got videos working again. Have to see if they work for me.

He looks chilled enough although i think hes got a slight questioning look in his eye. A few more sessions and he will be really relaxed.
He looks quite short with the saddle on but reading your other post needing a 6'3 rug hes not short at all.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com