And we’re there...

Finally a dry day (unexpected) so they had some naked time and I made best use of it
AE29A42F-36F7-4D26-A180-0FA00F62435B.jpeg
49D46551-313D-4F7B-8E8D-595DC1078982.jpeg
FD6EEC9F-C8B8-412D-88BA-938CD870AA0F.jpeg
ADDB1161-5CA4-41B4-B5C7-33DFC9D9EFEF.jpeg
I said I wanted a 15hh Hank and he’s proving as curious and bold, Jess had to snort and dance at the white plastic, he just marched over and stomped on it to show her it was fine ?

9AFB987F-ADE0-4590-A97B-54F43C51E117.jpeg
1050636F-4417-432E-9C60-FC7558BEED99.jpeg

I adore him.

On another matter, where do you get your giant Haynes for your graze boxes? They are such a good idea to prevent wastage

I adore him.

On another matter, where do you get your giant Haynes for your graze boxes? They are such a good idea to prevent wastage
The red and black ones are the shires deluxe large, they are mahoosive, 1.75” holes and under £12 on eBay (shop around there’s lots of sellers charging more) ? I also like the shires 60” haylage nets, huge and cheap (£8 or something silly) and with slightly bigger 2” holes.

Reactions: Jane&Ziggy
Things are settling down quite nicely now, Jess is still grumping (of course) but Niko has learnt exit her bubble at the first hint, rather than waiting until she makes him move, which means her grumping is now rarely more than an ear flick, which is great and everyone seems to know their place :) Niko is also starting to play with Hank and Dan one on one, little nibbly, scritchy, pushing, just getting the measure for one another, which I really love to see, hopefully they will be properly playing pretty soon :D

Niko’s coming on in leaps and bounds, all 4 feet rasped today, he’s much better at holding the hinds up for longer now and there’s never any question on the fronts, a big difference to 6 weeks ago when the farrier barely managed to get the fronts trimmed with lots of hopping about. He also doesn’t run every time I so much as look at him when he’s eating anything, he happily carries on chomping now.

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
Niko’s coming on in leaps and bounds, all 4 feet rasped today, he’s much better at holding the hinds up for longer now and there’s never any question on the fronts, a big difference to 6 weeks ago when the farrier barely managed to get the fronts trimmed with lots of hopping about. He also doesn’t run every time I so much as look at him when he’s eating anything, he happily carries on chomping now.
Sounds great :D

Reactions: Jessey
It's always a couple of months in when they get their feet under the table that they start trying their luck, and here we are in week 6-7 and it's started;
Night before last my friend was stood at the gate chatting to me and Niko sidles over and is all nosey, sniffing and nuzzling, next thing I see is his mouth right the way around her bicep, luckily she's used to horses and corrected him just as he started to bite down so she didn't get the full force of it. Then last night he was in a bit of a grump come dinner time, had a real pop at Dan (he often gives a half hearted chase but he landed him a bite) then when I was picking his feet he swiped at me, not an 'I'm unbalanced and need my foot back', not 'I'm unsure', it was 'I don't want to' cow kick! little shit!
I know it's totally normal, especially for a 2 year old, it just made me chuckle just how predictable they are.

Reactions: Trewsers
It's always a couple of months in when they get their feet under the table that they start trying their luck, and here we are in week 6-7 and it's started;
Night before last my friend was stood at the gate chatting to me and Niko sidles over and is all nosey, sniffing and nuzzling, next thing I see is his mouth right the way around her bicep, luckily she's used to horses and corrected him just as he started to bite down so she didn't get the full force of it. Then last night he was in a bit of a grump come dinner time, had a real pop at Dan (he often gives a half hearted chase but he landed him a bite) then when I was picking his feet he swiped at me, not an 'I'm unbalanced and need my foot back', not 'I'm unsure', it was 'I don't want to' cow kick! little shit!
I know it's totally normal, especially for a 2 year old, it just made me chuckle just how predictable they are.
It's good that you can spot all this an know what's genuine and what isn't.

Love him, he was much better walking out yesterday, his leading skills are improving. He’s anxious out (ears back) but more confident by the minute, and didn’t fuss about anything, lawn mower, leaf blower, cars from in front or behind, dogs, a puddle covered with leaves was a bit of a surprise ? but people wanting to fuss him was the most stressful ☺️
2B6B8205-51C4-4410-9AAD-F47140809C30.jpeg
bit windy ?
50CEC78D-DC4C-4DD0-BE1C-70513005B920.jpegFB26B22D-FC42-4576-9BE7-C7E6C1E27057.jpeg19A3373E-B515-4731-B306-2A61D9698AB1.jpeg10A472BA-CA6E-4D8B-87AB-90BCD812BEE6.jpeg
had to stop for an itch
66C35011-4F9F-4931-B710-44421F0D3F53.jpeg98907C33-081E-4BDB-977B-45882626617F.jpeg

He so pretty with the big kohl rings around his eyes.

He is very different from Charlie though. Charlie has his ears pricked whenever we are out and he marches ahead, but they are always back in the field because leading in the field is BORING

ETA I wish we had some buildings and people and cars nearby. The nearest houses are ours and he has been there, but the little tiny village is a good 20 minute walk and he would have a melt down before we got home!

Ears back definitely seems to be his tell of anxiety, I don’t think he’d seen a lot or interacted with many different people but he’s getting more confident by the day. I had a friend and her granddaughter and her friend over today and Niko was right in there with Hank sticking his nose in ? out alone is still a big new world. I’m really lucky to have the estate right there, it’s really quiet and everyone is really great about passing slowly and i can just gently let him see the world in small bites.

Reactions: Huggy
I didn't like any of my youngsters at two.... they all went through a bolshy little shits phase. By three they're lovely again.

newrider.com