And we’re there...

Yep, I can see a bit where has been but it just leads to a little flattened spot in the sedge, all around it the sedge is still standing 6ft tall, just can’t see how he got the 20m across to where there’s another trail into next door.... he’s a ninja ?

02436B82-97E3-49D5-8D91-FE23A4FD4BE1.jpeg Learning to not have a go at Hank
0A5A6EA9-8641-4E86-8EAE-1136F79E7483.jpeg
Not exactly figured out some of the nets yet70C4BF7B-2C8F-45BA-8625-70C7DDE0D4C2.jpegFB5AD72A-94F5-4F66-836C-947194AD5CAC.jpeg Cautiously asking if he can join Jess 37316381-993E-44DD-BBF6-1D12F6A7EAB0.jpeg
7B3A452D-0094-4912-A966-682480A6F142.jpeg
He got a grumpy face and some foot stomping, but nothing more
3A0381C8-4B75-4D43-8BB2-61DC2304FA6C.jpeg
7B3A452D-0094-4912-A966-682480A6F142.jpeg4576A995-4DF9-4CA4-BEE1-FAF948137945.jpeg
And he’s allowed to share again (first time I’ve seen it in almost a week!) and they stayed happily sharing until I called them down to have their rugs off ?

View attachment 104069 Learning to not have a go at Hank
View attachment 104070
Not exactly figured out some of the nets yetView attachment 104071View attachment 104075 Cautiously asking if he can join Jess View attachment 104072
View attachment 104074
He got a grumpy face and some foot stomping, but nothing more
View attachment 104073
View attachment 104074View attachment 104078
And he’s allowed to share again (first time I’ve seen it in almost a week!) and they stayed happily sharing until I called them down to have their rugs off ?
He has a very sweet look about him.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
He is generally a very sweet inoffensive lad, but he will chase Hank a bit, I think that’s just them still sorting out positions 2 and 3 because he doesn’t really bother with Dan who’s clearly bottom of the pile. They are getting better though, it’s only in the pre dinner minutes now. Dinner is the only time he’s vaguely pushy with me, I don’t think he’s had much in the way of bucket feeds before and he really enjoys it so gets a little eager but he’s almost got standing back to wait now ?

Munsters, someone had flipped over the heavy hay box when I arrived this morning, I flipped it back and headed for the barn for more hay, next thing Jess is running Niko off and he’s coming my way at speed and between the fence and parked wheelbarrow I’ve got no exit. It’s kind of cute that he comes to me when he’s scared, but he’s gotta learn it can’t happen at speed ? Jess and Hank settled to tuck in together after I filled it up, then Niko politely asked if he could join them, and was allowed ?

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
I think the miserable weather had everyone on edge last night, Jess and Hank were both in pissy grouchy moods and Dan was just staying clear of everybody. Niko pushed his luck too.

As I backed him off before putting his bucket down I was suddenly presented with his bum, and he tucked under and threatened! Mistake buddy! He was promptly shooed off and made to back again. After dinner I switched him to a thicker rug as his no fill had started to go through, oh the drama, fidget butt was back full force tonight he couldn’t stand still for a second and if he managed not to move his feet he had his head somewhere he shouldn’t ? I got front feet picked but the hinds was going to turn into a battle because of the fidgeting so I quit before we got into it. Tomorrow is another day.

Reactions: Huggy
He's been home a month now :) I wish things were more settled but there is definitely still some tension, just when I think everyone is happy something happens and the kids are squabbling again ?

Jess and Niko had a squabble last night while I was down the field poo picking, he was fussing hanging out near the barn but Jess wasn't waiting there, next thing I know there's a kerfuffle and they go right and someone got a good kick but I only heard it because the trailer was blocking my view, then they came flying back left with Jess hot on Niko's heels, then all was fine and they shared hay after dinner. Dan continues to keep out of everything. I've been finding Hank off alone more often then I'm used to, but just as much he's in the thick with Jess and Niko, or Niko is off alone. I really thought Hank and Niko would play together but they just seem to fall out rather than have fun, I did see Dan and Niko playing gently the other day though :)

I think as long as Niko is 2, if he's like Charlie you will never get him fully settled with Jess. He'll be all sweet and then he'll ask her to play one time too many and she'll put him in his place. Then he'll do it again. Charlie does this All. The. Time. With. Every. Horse. He. Meets

• Haha
Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
This is exactly what I was thinking, he needs to play with the little boys, as Jess never plays. Its probably trying that makes her whoop him every 3rd day!

Pretty in pink, poor sod ? it was on sale and I just couldn’t bring myself to spend double to get it in blue ?
C4E3EF6D-E3A5-4F25-9DE4-BD836F0ADF38.jpeg
his mane is growing in nicely now, thank goodness. He was a good boy tonight, had a nice groom and all 4 feet done in the barn with Hank squishing himself in with us and thunder and lightning cracking overhead, less of a fidget butt than he was with half the distractions the other night ☺️

newrider.com