And we’re there...

Mine was up and down when the neighbour's arrived, but as soon as she realised they were girls, she lost interest.
If i haven't already said he's a lovely colour.

Reactions: Jessey
He’s so sweet, caught, tied up, had a brush (he was a bit dubious about that especially around his back end) and front feet picked with just a little hopping about (I’m waiting until I have company to do his hinds first time) and when he was loose, fly spray on the front 2/3 (I didn’t want to push my luck) ?

I’ve spent most time saying good boy, but quite a lot saying no too, he’s so curious he’s into everything especially with his mouth, typical baby and very gentle about it ?

That sounds positive.

How is jess, is she excepting. Do you think shed been running around. No leg swelling or lameness.

I had fenced her off the section of track that’s next to his paddock overnight so I could sleep soundly ? but she hadn’t been fussing at the fence and everything is beautifully quiet this morning, I opened it up and she went down but no shenanigans although she was carefully watching every time the little boys went near Niko she didn’t do anything, and she and the boys have been dozing peacefully nearby for the last hour, so I feel like we’re on a winner ?

I can recall saying good girl a lot that mine associated that under saddle with oh we are done then and stopped. :)
I still tell her she's a good girl.

• Haha
Meh, Jess is running the fence again tonight, and she’s lame. I want to start introducing them all tomorrow, I don’t know if I should put the little boys in a paddock and put Jess and Niko together or put Jess in a paddock and let Niko in with the little boys? Decisions decisions...

Will she run around more if she's left alone, or if she's with niko? I suppose it's 50/50. Hogans field mate would be worse if he was left out - he'd go nuts.

No she’ll call for 5 minutes then settle to eating, she might fuss if they charge about a lot but doesn’t generally.

Reactions: Huggy
Niko has the farrier coming tomorrow ? my good friend who has bred welshies for years so he’s going to get him set up for me because he’s come with very long/flared feet.

If she's okay on her own with him in with the boys I'd try that. Don't do what I did when Zi came home !! (I put them all in together after a couple of days and she re-injured so badly).

If she's okay on her own with him in with the boys I'd try that. Don't do what I did when Zi came home !! (I put them all in together after a couple of days and she re-injured so badly).
That’s my worry, her leg and the charging about last night set her breathing off again and she had to have medicine for that after a couple of hours, I’m not sure if that was her heart or irritated lungs, she was just breathing very heavily and abdominally

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers
That’s my worry, her leg and the charging about last night set her breathing off again and she had to have medicine for that after a couple of hours, I’m not sure if that was her heart or irritated lungs, she was just breathing very heavily and abdominally

I'd be inclined to keep her separate if she's okay with it, well, lesser of the two evils - if she settles quicker. Storm just spent three days chasing Chloe away from Zi which caused her to re injure. With hindsight I'd have kept her out of the picture with Chloe until things settled. Lots of vibes for Jess being okay and I hope you can find something that works for you. Have you considered a temporary calmer for Jess? Something maybe just to take the edge off until things get into a routine?

I have got some very effective calmer but I’m dubious since discovering her heart problem, I don’t want to make matters worse, but it may be the lesser of 2 evils here.
I spoke with a friend who runs a large livery yard last night who does lots of introductions and she said I need to get the little boys out of the picture, to kind of force Jess to take Niko, so I’m going to ask another friend if she’d have them at her yard for a few days (she doesn’t normally have small ponies for fear of escape but might help me out for just a couple of days)

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
Well I’ve deposited the little boys at my friends place and Jess is not best impressed, but she’s also not charging the fence.....we’ll see if it lasts!

The farrier wasn’t an entirely successful endeavour this morning, got front feet done but not hinds, hinds don’t look awful so I just decided it was not worth getting in a fight over it and I’ll practice before we try again.

Niko was very nervous of me and my friend who viewed him with me, but has been really good since he’s been home but meeting the farrier bumped him straight back to nervy, so I’m going to get as many people as possible to come and meet him and give him a brush until new people aren’t scary?

newrider.com