Amazing lesson today!

tbaynancy

Jul 27, 2009
Just thought I'd share about my lesson today before I get into bed and collapse (it's only 6:40pm here now).

YO's friend now boards her two horses where Rusty is, as she's had a hip replacement and unable to look after them on her own for a while. Anyway - she's an amazing rider and instructor and I've always wanted to have a lesson but thought I'm too awful/beyond help. While, we were chatting - she's very nice - and the subject of a lesson came up - long story short - we had one this morning.

It was amazing - Rusty was a champion (a bit naughty wanting to stop and sniff a poo but J made me keep on - I would normally let him). Rode for about an hour and a half and by the end my legs were like limp noodles, but I couldn't stop smiling. We worked on hand position (I've got sloppy - and unbeknownst to me, developed a habit of crossing the reins) and maintaining impulsion.

We even trotted over poles (something I have always been afraid of because I think Rusty will try to jump them). I am ashamed of my own numptiness :redface:!! Rusty behaved perfectly normally and, in fact, has never shown the slightest inclination to jump anything, so I don't know why I was so nervous.

Fully intend to take advantage of the time she's around and have more lessons - had a soak in a hot tub, glass of wine, and now off to bed to read. Still smiling :spin:

newrider.com