Am I being unreasonable?

Yeah, they have a 100l tub (that’s about about 6 normal buckets), so it lasts 2-3 days unless the hay is particularly dry then they can up their consumption a little. I have got another one I’ll put out though.

So they didn't check it for 2-3 days?
I didn’t say that. I don’t top up until it’s lower, I had checked it in the morning, there was 1/2 left, definitely enough until the evening, but obviously not quite enough until the following morning on that occasion.

Honestly you are not being unreasonable. You are paying for their care.

I sometimes look after a friend's 2 horses when she is away. She is very fussy and detailed about their requirements - food, feet, checking over and rugs. She leaves their feeds bagged so I don't have to weigh them out and has a checklist up in the feed room which I tick every day (twice) because I am forgetful and otherwise I would forget something. She pays me to look after them so it is up to me to do it right.

Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
I didn’t say that. I don’t top up until it’s lower, I had checked it in the morning, there was 1/2 left, definitely enough until the evening, but obviously not quite enough until the following morning on that occasion.
Yeah I was asking before I jumped to an assumption about it, but I guess they might not have checked it for that long, who knows if they are not topping it up

They just sound irresponsible to me and I hope you haven't been overcharged for care they haven't given

They just sound irresponsible to me and I hope you haven't been overcharged for care they haven't given
That sounds harsh, as I said I’ve been using them for 10 years without issue, it’s only recently I’ve had a problem. I don’t believe them irresponsible, but somethings happened recently and I think I know what it is, so hopefully I can remedy this whole situation quite easily.

Reactions: carthorse
newrider.com