Advise needed to hog or not to hog

abccaitlinp

Oct 28, 2014
plus.google.com
http://m.imgur.com/a/OSGrS

This is my other cob standing at 15.1hh (only 4) she's got a very pretty face but I think she should be hogged with feathers off and shown as a show Cob.
My mother however things she should be kept natural, if she is what could we show her in as she's not very chunky as she's still growing?

Any advice with what to do with her please feel free.
Thankyou in advance x

As she has already had her mane pulled if I were to show I would whip it off and go for LW show cob. It takes a good few years to grow if you opted for traditional or M@M.
If you leave the mane and plait its going to look odd with feather anyway. Had she not been pulled already you could have left.

Reactions: abccaitlinp
Tell that to the feather we lost two months ago.
When she has a big time strop though she does need de tangling :)

There must be something in your mud or ground or a reason for the hair to not grow back. Ive clipped kias legs religiously for years and we have full feather in fact I had to clip his legs once a month when we were showing.

He's just been hogged and its growing back rapidly, looks like I will have a mane back for the middle/end of summer :)

She has been stabled for two months so no access to any mud. She has growth just not feather yet.

Mine is an Irish cob but sire is a Shire. She gets the feathers from him. Probably his opinions as well since the dam is so laid back and mellow :)

Personally I don't like them hogged, i like them long and flowing;) saying that when I got my boy a year ago his had been pulled and he had a punky forelock, it's growing very slowly and thick?? Don't know what it will end up like, but I am leaving well alone to see what it does naturally :rolleyes:

Reactions: abccaitlinp
newrider.com