Adventures with Scully - back in the saddle

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
why are you diverting people to your own personal forum you set up, which you keep inviting people to join up to!

Chrisnscully

Banned
Aug 11, 2007
Same reason Frances links to her blog - it saves posting twice. You don't need to join - you can read everything there for free, unlike NR!

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
Same reason Frances links to her blog - it saves posting twice. You don't need to join - you can read everything there for free, unlike NR!

Wow so u advertise your own forum and slate of this one ??! I know where I would rather be ! Yes but you seemed to of spent time PMing/mithering members from here and Another forum and also slating other forums from your own one. Seems very childish and odd from a what? 50+ yr old man !

Have you ever heard of copy and paste ?

Ditto wally, why are you mentioning a blog? That's like comparing chalk and cheese lol!

Wally

Apr 16, 2000

You seem to be very sure of Frances' motives considering you don't know her from a bar of soap.

LindaAd

Feb 20, 2000
Dorset, UK
Visit site
It does seem a bit odd - the link just takes us to a diary, which could just as well be posted here in the diary section. It says there's a forum but you can't see anything - members, posts, whatever - without signing up.

Oh no, sorry! Went back for another look, and I found links to messages. But only two people seem to have been posting. I suppose it takes time for a forum to grow - it says they have 37 members ...

Last edited:

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
No personal scores being settled in this thread then...

sorry yann would you like to explain more? I don't have any 'scores' to settle I've said right what I wanted right on here. I have no need to hide anything, what I wrote is quite valid ??

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
anyway, in response to the original post...

CWB let me get this right - you DESTROYED a birds nest with BIRDS IN IT with a pitchfork as they were spooking your horse??:stomp:

Have you ever heard of the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981 ??

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
You can shoot all manner of birds, but not destroy the nest. Why do you think there is a hunting season for all game and birds? Hunt foxes, but only in season. You cannot even shoot geese here on a Sunday, nor fish on a Sunday.

Shoot all you want, just make sure you are not shooting rock doves in mistake of feral pigeons.I thought you needed to seek license to destroy nesting birds regardless of species.

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
As an animal lover alone I wouldn't dream of taking a pitchfork to an active nest with the bloody birds in it at the time.

carthorse

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
As an animal lover alone I wouldn't dream of taking a pitchfork to an active nest with the bloody birds in it at the time.

This.

Regardless of the legal position I find it morally wrong to destroy a nest of birds simply because they are spooking a horse. Instead train your horse, and yourself, to cope.

Chrisnscully

Banned
Aug 11, 2007
Knickers in a twist or what - usual over reaction without all the facts from the same quarter - just to add that neither pigeon was harmed and that the nest was intact, if you can call a few twigs in the centre of a thick bush a nest! The pigeons did take the hint and have moved on. Shaking the bush with the pitchfork is just bird scaring ...

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
Oh I see so it was just a bush now, and not as it read you took a pitchfork to a nest with birds in it and shocked them!

What an odd thing to do ! And birds in a nest are birds in a nest. ? So it isn't even a nest either now??

I hardly think it was an over reaction if you are writing such stuff about disturbing nests !! it dosent matter who you are I will personally still find this immoral.