A tip for mud fever treatment

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Chloe's mud fever is with us all year round - sometimes it nearly goes and then flares up. Anyway, recently, I have been using Carr Day & Martin Wound Cream - and I have to say its worked wonders. Another thing that's helped is getting the scabs off with a towel. Rather than brushing them off or pulling them off when softened, I used a rough hand towel. She didn't mind at all and I think at times she enjoyed it rubbing her heels - maybe it relieved some of the itching? It worked a treat at getting them off - it was full of them by the time I had finished. But, what a good result! So I am keeping up the momentum with the cream and this morning after her rubbing down applied it before turnout. Just thought I would share because I know there are lots of different methods for treating it. This just seems to make life easier.

We used to use the Keretex Powder on our TB , also as a preventative and in winter put turnout boots on - worked a dream.

We always have a tube of the CDM wound cream in the tack room, brilliant stuff

We used to use the Keretex Powder on our TB , also as a preventative and in winter put turnout boots on - worked a dream.

We always have a tube of the CDM wound cream in the tack room, brilliant stuff

Yes I have turnout boots for Chloe - haven't needed them since March - but I might start popping them on on really wet days soon.

newrider.com