A happy (if a bit blubby) thread!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I promise I will put pictures to this thread this afternoon, as it stands I have to work out how to get them off the mobile and onto flickr thingy quickly and efficiently!lol
Anyways, I wanted to share with you - because you lot always understand and I wanted to thank you all too. Over the years I couldn't have done half the stuff I have with the horses without advice and encouragement from you guys. Small things turn into monsters when you don't have other horsey folk around you and of course the neighbour thing could have made me move house had it not been for the support of people on here (plus my other lovely neighbours who live down the lane who are all nice).
Today I put the monsters away and turned the girls out into the front field. This field has remained empty since Joe's accident as I partially could not face it because it felt "jinxed" and also because my confidence was not up to much thinking how on earth I'd get them down there! I just don't know what came over me this morning but the sun was out and I thought knickers - this is the day. They are jolly well going in there and that is that.
One thing that did make me cry though was Storm. She trotted over to Joe's old stable and poked her nose in. She whinned to his ghost? Or maybe just his essence. Make what you will of it. They are both delighted with the field and I can't wait to post my pics I took.
Thanks for reading I just wanted to share.:smile:

Sometimes it's had to get past something that's firmly shouting no in your head.. I get this with some things in my life. My last 'wall' was the chance to loan a friends horse, my heart said yes, do it, my head said no, he'll take too much of your time and money.
Thank god I didn't, or else i'd have more than just Shadow to worry about.
If my horse gets better (I mean will), my issues will be, do I want to put him back out in the field where he fell ill? We'll never know exactly what caused it, and that makes moving forward from it a lot harder :frown:
Just because something doesn't work for one horse, doesn't mean it won't work for the others, the only thing you can do is give it a chance and see where you end up :smile:

We tend to beat ourselves up for how we feel, but when it feels right you will achieve what you want.
I have to add a mini confession that when the cob arrived I had someone with me for the first week. My brain was convinced I would go out there and find her collapsed like Jack. If she was laying bless her my heart stopped! But you move forwards and your brain stops being a foe and turns into a friend.

Last edited:
Heads are funny things but I truly believe when you are ready, you'll do exactly what you did - just thought 'stuff it, lets do it!' This is why backing off and giving yourself a break is so powerful.
Well done :) Happy day :)

Chloe thinks it is all just incredible, you can tell! It is the very first time she has ever been down to the front field - let alone been turned out there, and what did she do? Nothing! What a good girl she was going down there. Storm was a bit excited, but Chloe was so laid back. She really is a star - a companion in a million really, you could not ask for a more stolid calming person.
I have just been giving her a lovely scratch in the sun, I felt very "at one" with her. They are both "smiling" if you know what I mean. Very happy today. I think Joe would approve very much.

What lovely pics.

I am like that as well and sometimes have trouble 'moving on'. I flipped and didn't want to move my horses back to the field they broke out of, never mind anything more serious.

They certainly look happy :smile:

Oh Trewsers what a thread. Yours Storm and Chloe are very lucky to have someone who cares so much. Sometimes the monsters has to be faced you did it and will move on from here.

Really lovely thread Trewsers, Im another one who believes that when the time is right to do things you just know. x
Can I also say I think Storm is gorgeous too.

Chloe does indeed sound one in a million but she fell on her feet joining your herd! Lovely pics, i am sure they are happy because you are happy!

A very moving post Trewsers, I am glad that you now feel able to move on a little bit from the sadness of losing your Joe. I think he would have approved very much. Lovely piccys too...looks so peaceful and healing there.:twins:

newrider.com