A GOOD Youtube video

Jessica23

Sep 3, 2007
Gloucestershire
www.wildbriars.co.uk
Just cos we've had several not so nice ones.. Here's one i like.

I want the horse, what a beautiful rhythm he stays on, must be so comfy to ride!! And just popping the fences so easily :D

The rider could do with sitting back and not sticking her hands so far up his neck, but she has a lovely position over the fences, and what a great partnership they seem to have :)

Now who's going to start criticising it? :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8K24rIoiAc&feature=related

Last edited:
The weather is far too nice and the horse is too clean, it isn't raining, dark and muddy - this video makes me long for summer......

Will that do as a crtiticism - it is all that I am thinking of at the moment!

ME...........................

A bit too fast for my liking unless it is a jump off lol.

Are her hands glued to his bloody neck or something???

The weather is far too nice and the horse is too clean, it isn't raining, dark and muddy - this video makes me long for summer......

Will that do as a crtiticism - it is all that I am thinking of at the moment!

Theres always one who has to come on a thread and bring it down isn't there! You wanna start a debate about it? Cos after 60 years of experience of grooming horses and VAST knowledge of the weather, i completely disagree with you!! :p :D

Well theres too many jumps to remember there. Lol. Id be lost:D

Was lovley.......................................................Happy highlande, makes you long for summer? Weve not had a summer to long for :p

Why on earth is she holding the reins up by his ears?! Also is it me or is her saddle too far forward? Maybe it's her position creating an optical illusion.

Is the first round some kind of speed round? Because she's going far too fast and is lucky that her horse isnt flattening over the fences

Won't catch me criticising! That'd be like pot...kettle...black..... :p

The horse is lovely...he's a tigger horse bouncing over those jumps! :D

Why on earth is she holding the reins up by his ears?! Also is it me or is her saddle too far forward? Maybe it's her position creating an optical illusion.

Is the first round some kind of speed round? Because she's going far too fast and is lucky that her horse isnt flattening over the fences

lol! :D

I think this rider is fab and the horse is gorge too;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKQgTiqhPbw

I love that vid more and more every time I see it :eek:

And sorry, but she's going at rocket speed, don't know who told her to clean her horse's ears out with her hands, and rather than happy, horse looks panicked, but is obviously very talented.

Beautiful scope he's got though, and she seems to be able to cope with the turns and striding at that speed, which is something to be commended for.

I'd feel less bad about critiquing if it wasn't a super fast clear round on what looked like a fairly long and difficult (not to mention BIG) course :eek:

It is hard to judge the speed sometimes on these vids. It could easily have been speeded up.
The main critique I think is the position of her hands as has been mentioned

Yeah her hands were annoying me.. I think my main problem was that its not fair that she should never have to take a check coming into fences that high! MY horse just wouldnt take off if i didnt place him!lol and she just sits there and gets carried round. I hate her :)

Andreas is such a cracking rider and I love Blu Hors Matinae. She looks so happy, free, fluent in the way she moves. I wasn't too sure of the constant tail swishing when I first saw this vid but to me it's the mares temperament. You can see how relaxed her back is so no tension at all there.

On the second vid- I adore Salinero but IMO Anky doesn't look as "quiet" a rider as Andreas - still, who are we to judge when they ride a test like that :D

Do you really believe she is being a passenger?
As for the speed, horse is relatively small and doesn't particularly cover the ground. To achieve the minimum speed generally required by such classes (375 - 400mpm) she would have to get a wriggle on and not interupt the flow unnecessarily.

newrider.com