A few nice things....

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
WEll T and myself are having a couple of days off - there are a few reasons for this (mainly him needing a rest and also the fact that we've nearly finished moving our gear from the old premises etc) and feel the need for a chill-out. I have sooooo many plans - but will probably just end up sitting on NR or reading my Horse and Rider mag!lol
I am going to do a "holiday shop" later - thinking along the lines of some chinese food for a change (love stir frys) and also getting some dips - celery and carrots - mmmmm and I love raw cauli in there too. Anyways, I always end up talking food don't I?!
Won't be venturing into town after tonight until Monday - so, will be left to drink my own beverages! Can anybody recommend a really really nice good coffee (instant as I've no machine now)? I keep seeing all these splendid different varieties in Sainsburys but don't know which to try?

Buy a cafetiere in Sainsbury's and some decent coffee?!! :tongue: Instant is just not the same.. Then one of their bags of the own brand stuff is nice..

I am a bit hooked on M+S Italian roast at the moment (but I do make mum bulk buy it when on offer with staff discount because it's a bit expensive otherwise!)

ETA and look they are half price!! http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/sho...tu_chrome_3cup_cafetiere.html?hnav=4294967025

Last edited:
I am sorely tempted volcy!!!lol, I used to have a couple of those cafetirere thingies, folk kept buying them for me when I first moved in with OH years ago - didn't want them back then so got rid.....................

I love my coffee, at work I have coffee bags for ease, its fresh ground coffee in a bad, like a tea bag, you let it brew with hot water for a minute and its nice fresh coffee without the fuss... I use Lyons:happy:

I love my coffee, at work I have coffee bags for ease, its fresh ground coffee in a bad, like a tea bag, you let it brew with hot water for a minute and its nice fresh coffee without the fuss... I use Lyons:happy:

Ah! Coffee bags - gosh, my mum used to buy those many years ago - hadn't thought about them until you mentioned - might get some of those. I am fussy about milk, I hate fresh milk (too rich somehow?) I use long-life cos it is all I can find! Wonder if I could buy some of those non-dairy creamers that you get in little pots..........hmmmmmmm

Nipping out myself shortly to go ride mi'laddo :biggrin: a tad bit of schooling ready for tomo's lesson..
Day 6 of our fortnight off, was meant to be going into Buxton, but have decided to spend time with my little furballs and Shadow instead, seen as did nothing yesterday.. plus the sun is out and the piggies get lawn time (making the most of the sun as it's given for rain later)..

Nipping out myself shortly to go ride mi'laddo :biggrin: a tad bit of schooling ready for tomo's lesson..
Day 6 of our fortnight off, was meant to be going into Buxton, but have decided to spend time with my little furballs and Shadow instead, seen as did nothing yesterday.. plus the sun is out and the piggies get lawn time (making the most of the sun as it's given for rain later)..

Aw, happy piggies on the lawn then!!

Sainsburys Gold Roast, Nescafe Gold Blend, Dowe Eggburts Pure Gold Medium Roast. ASDA Gold Roast. They are all good, smooth and tasty but not weak or too bitter, or caffeiny blow your head off stuff. Put the milk in first (pref full milk) and add a spoon of coffee mate, yum. :smile:

I'm a sucker for the sachet flavoured latte etc. My favourite is the irish coffee one ATM.

I'm aiming to buy some syrups too.

Yummy, forgot about syrups but never seem to see them in the supermarket.
Skinny latte with caramel nom nom

The sachets are just not quite strong enough although the cappucino ones are a tad yummy

I like Sainsbury's Free Trade coffee best - not just because the coffee farmers get a good price but because I like the taste... Only drink the real stuff on special occasions - can't take too much of it.

newrider.com