2023 Hacking and Riding

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Well Billy was full of beans. Wasnt interested in the new paddock, nor the nice tasty hay i put out. He prefered to follow me round the field, honest it was like there was super glue on me. He was hyper. I drove back up the field and he charged up behind me. Chunkys couldnt keep up but he gave it his all. We had a nice inhand walk out. I even let go of chunks on the way out. He followed. Normally he will just stop put his head down for grass or turn and walk home. His cheeky way of getting out of work. Not today he was like im coming to wait for me. Little trots to catch us up. So i just kept walking at a fast pace with billy. Only a mile and a half but at good speed. Both came back sweaty.

Billy actually looked quite good on his hock. I almost wanted to tack him up and have a little sit on.

We went out yesterday and again today. Sid wasn't quite so forward today, when I asked him to do the long canter up the Golden Mile he started off well but slowed to a trot half way and didn't want to get going again. We did lots of trotting after that, though.

He has lost so much weight I need to go down a girth size.

We've been out twice, yesterday to settle her down and today to measure the distance šŸ˜‚
I think forecast is heavy rain tomorrow so I could just measure the other one that I think is the same distance.
We've got no where to canter with everything so wet, so I tend to have winter routes and summer ones. Sort of missing the school but that just means I need to kick myself up the a##e and use the baby beach, though not in the Christmas school holidays, trust me it's like sardines.

We went out yesterday and again today. Sid wasn't quite so forward today, when I asked him to do the long canter up the Golden Mile he started off well but slowed to a trot half way and didn't want to get going again. We did lots of trotting after that, though.

He has lost so much weight I need to go down a girth size.
P needs a new girth too, it'll be his third in 18 months šŸ™ˆ Pricey, slimming down horses isn't it!

Have we moved to Cafe?

I managed a nice New Year's Day hack with K and then on Monday a hack with S to start the year

I was bad. Probably not very safe so don't try this at home
i-D5sQcCr-X2.jpg

Hacking
9 miles
2.5 hours

My last ride was 2 days after Christmas, and with Hogan acting the prat coming in and out of the field, I didn't know what to expect today. It was a short one, and apart from one little buck, going into trot, he was really rather good. He's lost quite a bit of weight, and is continually 'hangry' but I can't fault him today. Yes - this is him having lost weight :rolleyes:Screenshot_20230105_141458_Gallery.jpg

Managed to give the boys a 10 minute lunge at walk today. The first in over a month. Billy wasn't too impressed when he saw me take the lunge line out the bucket. Think he thought there was food in it. Tried to do off as soon as he saw.

I'm hoping to go out tomorrow, but uts blowing a gale out there tonight.

I'm hoping to go out tomorrow, but uts blowing a gale out there tonight.
Gales here today too. I let Storm out for a little while but it wasn't safe. I knew it was bad when I staggered due to the wind blowing me across the yard.:eek:Can't see me doing anything with Zi today either! And I can't see our oil getting delivered or our horse feed.

Well, the wind had dropped, so we had a quick hack as the farrier was coming. Hogan was good as gold, maybe these really short ones suit him! 20230106_082922.jpgthen the farrier - he's gone from rearing and barging in the stable to a complete lamb.....20230106_100131.jpg

Well the lovely quiet lane that was my favourite is no longer.
It's got 100 houses either side of it, with plans to add yet more.
The lane will become a footpath, will I plan to carry on using it, if it turns out to be unsafe to use the other road.

Plus point, set off in lovely blue sky and sun, got back just as it started.

• Sad
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
newrider.com