2021 - My Shetland blog

A worthy task Frances.
Transcribing handwritten or even typed family documents is very tedious and time consuming. As current family archivist, I used to pick a document to do over the Christmas break every year.
More recently I have changed track and taken jpg images of the pages. Then added dates to the file title. I upload the images to MS One Drive so others in the family can read them.

This year I plan to do the letters of condolence received by my grandmother after her husband was killed in September 1916 in the Battle of the Somme.

Reactions: Frances144
Floss is right, if you have baler twine and a penknife you've got the solution to many problems. Ideally you need duct tape and WD40 too fix almost everything that doesn't need a vet, but at that point you need bigger pockets!

I'm glad you're safely home and I hope you get a good night's sleep. It must be a relief to have the funeral done and that it went so well, but even so it's a huge emotional drain. Look after yourself xx

• Love
Look after yourself Frances, you've had so much to deal with that it's hardly surprising it's catching up with you now the pressure has eased. Take some time for you and do as much or as little as you're happy with.

newrider.com