2019 Hacking/Riding Thread

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
I couldn't see one, so thought I'd start one to continue on from 2018 :)

We started with a lovely 6 mile hack this morning. The sun even came put, which must be a good omen, right?!

Cx9Mepw.jpg

UYAIXEd.jpg

Happy 2019 riding fellow NR-er's :)

Squeeeee! I'm here...on day one!!! Gracie and I did a 4.25 mile loop this morning. A few canters. We haven't done that route solo since the spring (and only once in company since then too)! Proper chuffed but totally forgot to get off-road pics because I'm out of the habit. Soz

Riding 1hr 15mins
Distance 4.25 miles

Sonny unmounted .25 hrs

The wind is whipping and sounds like a freight train.
I just did a little at liberty in his paddock.
He is a total muddy mess.
He did not seem concerned It was not a long play buIMG_6604.JPGIMG_6616.JPGIMG_6611.JPGIMG_6629.JPGt
better a short good play.
All it takes is one big branch.....
We have already had a momentary bloop on the electric split second and then back.

Tomorrow will be colder but much calmer.
It should be a good fun play day.

I feel really good I did get a little play in for the start of the year even with the bad winds:);)

On New Year's Day I was again acting as temporary groom at the stables so that curtailed my riding a bit. We did manage a very quick hack around the block in between jobs though. It was also Harvey's official birthday (according to his passport) so he had an apple as a treat. He is now 9 years old.

Here is is looking as muddy and dopey as ever :)
i-HX4bHDD-XL.jpg

Hacking
2 .25 miles
40 minutes

On New Year's Day I was again acting as temporary groom at the stables so that curtailed my riding a bit. We did manage a very quick hack around the block in between jobs though. It was also Harvey's official birthday (according to his passport) so he had an apple as a treat. He is now 9 years old.

Here is is looking as muddy and dopey as ever :)
i-HX4bHDD-XL.jpg

Hacking
2 .25 miles
40 minutes

I do love a grey (sigh) maybe my next ridden one, who knows.......(despite the mud showing up!)

Sonny unmounted .50 hrs
mounted .75 hrs

Had a great play day yesterday it was cold but still really nice out.
I brought some tree toppers and glittery garland cIMG_6687.JPGIMG_6684.JPGones to play with over by Toni and Put played over here with them.
I REALLY like them. They were glittery shiny and fun and the pvc pipes I have put into the flower pots worked well.
The glittery cone tree nestled in nicely on the pvc and the tree toppers also worked well .
really do like how how the cone treIMG_6698.JPGIMG_6708.JPGIMG_6722.JPGIMG_6735.JPGIMG_6739.JPGIMG_6744.JPGIMG_6730.JPGIMG_6660.JPGe nestled ins sooooooooo nicely:)

Here is Toni playing on Levi at Virginias, then me over here on Sonny.

I added some side pass in and touch it to the cone tree and star.

Ohhhh we are all off to a good start ;):):D:)

Long lining :) hmmm I have not done that since last winter.
Tomorrow will be heavy rain again (thankfully not snow)o_O:rolleyes:.
Then horrible bad winds AGAIN :mad: Sunday
I should longline Sunday.
Thankfully he does longline very nicely :)

We have a play day set for Tues. There may be a little snow changing to rain. I do hope it clears in time to have the playday.

Today will be a total wash out more heavy rain but thank god it is RAIN!!!
When it clears tomorrow bad winds again.

Its very iffy for our
Tuesday play day:(:mad:
We will start as some ugh SNOW:eek::eek: then turn to rain.
Bummer I got some different fun things to bring over to playIMG_6750.JPG with Toni too.:(

My favorite place Christmas tree shops had balloon weights that had big shiny chennile hearts and shamrocks on top of them. They will work well to play with as cones:).

Its always fun to find differnet things to play with:p:p
And to find things I can pop in the car easily to bring over.

newrider.com