1st hack on Lunan

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
Wonderful sunny day, Passed a couple of cars and vans. One bike he did a little dance at and saw a pram on the far side of the river that made him stop and stare. We were out for about an hour and half and I have to say for a very green rising 6 year old he was fantastic. Only twice did i have little panic. I often wonder wether I will ever be a confident rider or always be a nervous nellie. But I did enjoy my spring morning hack and this chunky boy. On the way home he kept snatching to eat grass so we have bought a grass reins for him tommorrow.

I really wish I could be one of you confident riders but I still enjoyed my time out. It is nice to know that both of them are ok to hack. We even crossed a big stubble field safetly. Half way across we had a little trot (I cannot canter yet) and the both pulled up easily at the far end.

They were both sweated up when we got home, they really are unfit but so am I he he. But now they will both be going out most days. I am working towards doing some pleasure rides later in the Autumn hopefully Sue thinks they do both hack out nicely together with either taking the lead when required so should be good to do pleasure rides :). I will finish off with some piccies of my beautiful boy :)

013-2.jpg

014-1.jpg

Last edited:
Fabulous! Very jealous, am thinking of daring to hack Storm out later next week (after she's enjoyed a few more days of "proper" turnout).

Your boy is gorgeous and you look great on him well done for a great hack. I was wondering how long you have had him before hacking out. I have a new boy rising 7 but big baby looking forward to hacking out but don't know how long to let him settle into his new home?

Well done NativeLover for hacking out on the glorious Lunan. He was such a good boy, you'll feel safe on him before long.

I can't get over what a stunning boy he is. I love his creamsilver mane and tail! Will he stay dark, or lighten as dapple greys do?

Well done NativeLover for hacking out on the glorious Lunan. He was such a good boy, you'll feel safe on him before long.

I can't get over what a stunning boy he is. I love his creamsilver mane and tail! Will he stay dark, or lighten as dapple greys do?

His manes supposed to be white :giggle:
He will eventually be a fully Grey (white) when hes about 10 :biggrin:

Your boy is gorgeous and you look great on him well done for a great hack. I was wondering how long you have had him before hacking out. I have a new boy rising 7 but big baby looking forward to hacking out but don't know how long to let him settle into his new home?

Hi I have two Fells and have always rode my mare Eva till this last fornight I have now swapped to Lunan so I have had him about 6 months and my sharers do hack him out on weekends but I am now riding Lunan for the summer. So today was my first hack out on him.

I would maybe walk your new boy out inhand on a hacking route or if you feel confident try hacking him. He will soon settle into his new home. Lunan will happily hack out on his own.

newrider.com